New Member with Old Clown Loaches

Redshark1

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2017
Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
I wanted to join because I have been reading about the Clown Loaches here.

I feel its important I join to make my fish known to other keepers in the world now I know they are a little bit special. I've been looking for similar owners without much success.

I have six Clown Loaches which I purchased in January 1995, the largest of which is 11.5 inches total length. So, they are probably 23 years old now.

My tank is 110 us gallon measuring 6' x 18" x 18".

I am a 55 year old guy, basically kind and sensible maybe a bit boring but I don't care. My crazy years are probably all behind me now and its time to chill.

I'm married with two grown up kids.

I've always been fascinated by the natural world and I got my first aquarium when I was eight years old.

I love listening to music especially progressive rock/chillout. I give a lot of time to my five aquaria. I also love my car, my garden and my job which involves organising volunteers doing work in the parks and countryside so I don't earn much but am here to enjoy the ride.

The thing I want most from this forum is to be in contact with other people who own similarly old Clown Loaches. I am on Fishlore and Loaches Online but although I learn a lot from people there the forums have not helped me much with this particular aspect.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I wanted to join because I have been reading about the Clown Loaches here.

I feel its important I join to make my fish known to other keepers in the world now I know they are a little bit special. I've been looking for similar owners without much success.

I have six Clown Loaches which I purchased in January 1995, the largest of which is 11.5 inches total length. So, they are probably 23 years old now.

My tank is 110 us gallon measuring 6' x 18" x 18".

I am a 55 year old guy, basically kind and sensible maybe a bit boring but I don't care. My crazy years are probably all behind me now and its time to chill.

I'm married with two grown up kids.

I've always been fascinated by the natural world and I got my first aquarium when I was eight years old.

I love listening to music especially progressive rock/chillout. I give a lot of time to my five aquaria. I also love my car, my garden and my job which involves organising volunteers doing work in the parks and countryside so I don't earn much but am here to enjoy the ride.

The thing I want most from this forum is to be in contact with other people who own similarly old Clown Loaches. I am on Fishlore and Loaches Online but although I learn a lot from people there the forums have not helped me much with this particular aspect.

Welcome aboard :)

I also have CL's but they are only about 2 yrs old but there are members here like yourself that has some very mature ones.

Reactions: Redshark1

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Welcome.

Reactions: tlindsey

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Welcome,looking forward to seeing photos of those big old CL's.

Reactions: tlindsey

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Thanks for the welcomes. Photos are ready and waiting for when I'm allowed (I believe I have to do 6 posts first).
Six posts?It's been a while for me but I thought the number was five?....whichever it is I'm helping you reach that number lol.

Redshark1

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2017
Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
Thanks, luck has also no doubt played a part but yes my character has a lot to do with it.

Being a person who likes to follow a routine has led me to provide consistent care.

No big changes in my life.

I didn't decide to keep them until I knew I was settling down.

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
Subbed for pics, welcome to the gang!-)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store