slowpoke92

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2020
Hello everyone. I'm Daniel and new here. I don't have a tank yet but I'm planning to acquire one this year. I'm using this time to learn and gather references and ideas because I don't want to fail keeping and maintaining my first tank. Anyway, I hope everyone here is safe. Have a great day.

Hello everyone. I'm Daniel and new here. I don't have a tank yet but I'm planning to acquire one this year. I'm using this time to learn and gather references and ideas because I don't want to fail keeping and maintaining my first tank. Anyway, I hope everyone here is safe. Have a great day.
:welcome:

Reactions: tlindsey

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Welcome.

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Welcome aboard

I suggest learning how to Cycle a aquarium this is very crucial especially for someone new to properly keeping fish.

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Hello Daniel, I like your username, welcome to monsterfishkeepers. The best fish forum online. If you stay then I can assure you that you will learn more than you ever thought possible. We have some people who have made history in the fishkeeping community, our beloved Chicxulub Chicxulub comes to mind, and we have people are wealths of knowledge, RD. RD. comes to mind, we have people who are basically small aquariums, thebiggerthebetter thebiggerthebetter comes to mind, and we have literal experts in the hobby, Yellowcat Yellowcat comes to mind.

That is just to name a few of our treasured members, we have plenty more that are highly knowledgeable in their field. Tobiassorensen Tobiassorensen with his stingray knowledge is one. We have at least 6 people who know their way around a bichir, we have some puffer keepers, a lot of cichlid keepers, arowana keepers, we even have planted tank keepers and nano fish keepers. We basically have a bit of everything.

I sincerely hope you enjoy your stay here and if you have any questions then don’t hesitate to pm me, a mod, or another member and we can help you or point you in the direction of someone who can.

Blakewater

Aimara
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2018
Welcome! You’re already taking the smartest and most effective start to your journey. Glad to have you here. I think I speak for everyone when I say we’re very excited to help you in any way needed to set up your dream tank.

Reactions: Chicxulub

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Welcome to MFK! It's good to have you, and refreshing to see a new aquarist who is trying to sort out the basics before putting fish into water. tlindsey tlindsey had the right of this- read everything you can about cycling an aquarium and maintaining a water change schedule. Basically everything in this hobby can be broken down into those two things, the grand debates you'll find are over what are the best techniques is to accomplish those tasks.

our beloved Chicxulub Chicxulub
"Beloved" he says ???

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
"Beloved" he says ???
Yeah. You got a problem with it? He has a lot more tenderness than you give him credit for, Sarge! If not love, one can learn to appreciate even a junkyard dog, if the said yard is near and dear to them...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store