new natives

Drx6x

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2015
IL
please cite sources that size/creel limits have anything to do with anything beyond the removal of fish from very specific places.

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia

Drx6x

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2015
IL
That link isn't even close to what i asked you to provide. Your assumption is that size lints have to do with what your allowed to own when in fact they dont. Size limits are what your allowed to take from a given body of water. Other then banned species of owner ship there arnt any laws that im aware of (read most stats guidelines but not down to to county and town ship level) governing what you can keep purchases from a authorized breeder wouldn't take into effect size or creel limits.

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
That link isn't even close to what i asked you to provide. Your assumption is that size lints have to do with what your allowed to own when in fact they dont. Size limits are what your allowed to take from a given body of water. Other then banned species of owner ship there arnt any laws that im aware of (read most stats guidelines but not down to to county and town ship level) governing what you can keep purchases from a authorized breeder wouldn't take into effect size or creel limits.
the people who we are speaking of already stated they caught the fish themselves. Not one of them said they purchased them legally. In many states, there is no such thing, and you may not keep, own, harm, or otherwise have in your possession a gamefish that is under the legal size.

If you don't know these things, you should probably not be keeping native species.

Like I said, it's YOUR job to do the research and find out what you are or aren't allowed to own. Most states will not allow you to own gamefish undersize regardless where they came from and the vendors who sold them can be fined as much as you for having them if not more.

Many states only allow authorized purchases through F & G or authorized vendors for stocking a private pond or lake and it must be ordered in bulk

They can also influence you on your own property if species cited in Appendix 1 or 2 have made their homes or are breeding on your property as well.

meaning if protected under Federal law, you MUST keep it safe and not alter it's habitat on your OWN PROPERTY.

Yes, this is really happening.

Last edited:

Anthony Nolet

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2012
Oregon
I like that tank a lot lol. Did you catch them all in one spot or did you have to move around? I need to get a good sized green for my tank and also another bluegill. Right now it's just green sunfish x pumpkinseed hybrids a green x blue and a group of pumpkinseeds. Oh and a yellow bullhead who doesn't even brother the fish

Anthony Nolet

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2012
Oregon
I wished I could find green sunfish that size this time of year by my house lol they always show up later in the summer.

Cu455

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2011
US
Enjoy the pictures and leave the enforcement to the professionals. In the past 2 days we lost 3 people who started threads because of this stupid crap. Notice how the OPs disappears after people jump on them about doing illegal stuff when they don't have enough information about the situation to make a determination. If there is nothing illegal in their thread leave them alone.

Last edited:

Cu455

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2011
US
MFK is under no obligation to report someone they suspect of catching a under sized fish. I doubt they sit there and match IPs up to the tanks people claim they have. That is not even a reliable method. Right now I am in one state and my fish are at my parents house in another. Lots of fear mongering going on here lately.

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
MFK is under no obligation to report someone they suspect of catching a under sized fish. I doubt they sit there and match IPs up to the tanks people claim they have. That is not even a reliable method. Right now I am in one state and my fish are at my parents house in another. Lots of fear mongering going on here lately.
Hate to be that guy but ya they do follow IP's here and they are definitely obligated to report illegal activity or at the very least ban it from the forum. I've seen many a thread closed due to people posting about fish illegal in their state or in general, and that's without mentioning where they are and staff stating the fish in question is illegal in the state for whatever reason. You think F&G don't have accounts on forums like this just waiting for people to say some dumb ish about what they have etc etc etc?

Reactions: Frank Castle

Cu455

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2011
US
He never said he did anything illegal and never mentioned what state he is in. If someone says "I am new from Arizona and I have 10 stingrays" or "FS snakeheads New York" the mods should say/do something to protect the integrity of the site. If someone starts a thread I will like to get a stingray there is no reason to assume what he is doing is illegal just because it is illegal somewhere in the world.

It is best to assume it is legal unless people blatantly say otherwise.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Section_230_of_the_Communications_Decency_Act

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store