New octopus coming soon!

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
It was on nat geo a few years back,and more recently a aquarium was bragging about it,the same info was in a book about cephalopod,I have no real world experience with nautilus tho

Reactions: tlindsey

Oompa Loompa

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 6, 2016
It was on nat geo a few years back,and more recently a aquarium was bragging about it,the same info was in a book about cephalopod,I have no real world experience with nautilus tho
Hmm, maybe it is correct. I have definitely never heard it before, and I know that there is a wholesaler that sells them

Oompa Loompa

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 6, 2016
Which wholesaler sells em?
Quality Marine. Their cephalopod list has:

Algae octopus (A. aculeatus)
Greater blue ringed octopus (H. lunulata)
Flamboyant cuttlefish (M. pfefferi)
Chambered nautilus (N. pompilius)
Common octopus (O. vulgaris)
Pygmy octopus (O. digueti)
Atlantic pygmy octopus (O. joubini)
Pygmy zebra octopus (O. chierchiae)
Giant cuttlefish (S. apama)
Wonderpus (W. photogenicus)

They also have a few other species from the genus Octopus available, but they're only listed with a common name that could be used for various species - these are "Octopus" (sourced from east americas, west americas, central pacific, south asia, and eastern asia), "Flashing Tiger Octopus" (sourced from west americas), "Orange Spot Rainbow Octopus" (sourced from west americas), and "Red Octopus" (sourced from eastern asia). They also have "Cuttlefish" for sale sourced from the central pacific and eastern asia (they also sell eggs of them sourced from east asia).

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Wow both flamboyant cuttlefish and nautilus were near impossible to get just a few years ago,checked out there site pretty cool stock,also these days it's easier to get a variety of land crabs not available a few years ago

Oompa Loompa

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 6, 2016
Wow both flamboyant cuttlefish and nautilus were near impossible to get just a few years ago,checked out there site pretty cool stock,also these days it's easier to get a variety of land crabs not available a few years ago
These guys sell pretty much everything. Between a buddy having an account with them and knowing Turbo (shark supplier), I've found that I have the opportunity to get almost any species of sw fish that I could want, which is pretty cool

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Oompa Loompa

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 6, 2016
Update time! I just finished a custom acrylic lid for a 10 gallon tank. I am going to try and order an octopus through my LFS if they aren't too much, hopefully tomorrow. I will post pics of everything tomorrow, I can't describe the lid too well but there are four individual locking mechanisms so I don't think anything will be getting out of there. I will probably build a skimmer tomorrow as well, so I will get to posting some pics of that once I do it. I'm going to be setting up the tank fully tomorrow, if I don't finish I will be finished by Tuesday. Almost octo time!

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I wonder if that list represents stock that they have on hand or merely species that they claim that they can get.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store