New pick up - P14 hybrid

Galantspeedz

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2017
Decided to do some changes to the tank... added sand, 40 stalks of lucky bamboo and placing the original driftwood differently

Any suggestions on how to cover up the brick?

The brick is used to hold the bamboo straight as they have 10 openings each... 1 opening holds 2 stalks

20180710_064546.jpg 20180710_064524.jpg

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
Decided to do some changes to the tank... added sand, 40 stalks of lucky bamboo and placing the original driftwood differently

Any suggestions on how to cover up the brick?

The brick is used to hold the bamboo straight as they have 10 openings each... 1 opening holds 2 stalks

View attachment 1323901 View attachment 1323902
Use pond foam. A little bit would cover that black. You tear off chunks to give it 3D effect and is inert (fish safe). It will actually help make that brick safer for the rays too.

Reactions: Matteus

MariaS

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2015
South Africa
Looking stunning G Galantspeedz

I find the morphing that ray pups go through absolutely amazing.

All the babies are looking great!

Galantspeedz

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2017
Looking stunning G Galantspeedz

I find the morphing that ray pups go through absolutely amazing.

All the babies are looking great!
thanks... somehow the 3 bd pups and the male p14 hybrid is growing much faster as compared to the rest...

hopefully the bd spots will turn white when they grow older

feeding them a mix of mussels meat and squid meat... and once a week treat of live ghosts shrimps...

Reactions: Matteus and MariaS

MariaS

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2015
South Africa
thanks... somehow the 3 bd pups and the male p14 hybrid is growing much faster as compared to the rest...

hopefully the bd spots will turn white when they grow older

feeding them a mix of mussels meat and squid meat... and once a week treat of live ghosts shrimps...
Yes.. its strange but I have also had instances where some pups grow very fast whilst one pup grows a lot slower
Not sure why as they all get fed the same
I had this happen with my P14 female and strange enough, she is about 2 years now and now she is much bigger than the pups that grew faster than her..

I am sure the spots will go white in time.
I also feed mussel meat and shrimp, we don't have easy access to live ghost shrimp here so I use earthworms as a treat

Galantspeedz

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2017
Yes.. its strange but I have also had instances where some pups grow very fast whilst one pup grows a lot slower
Not sure why as they all get fed the same
I had this happen with my P14 female and strange enough, she is about 2 years now and now she is much bigger than the pups that grew faster than her..

I am sure the spots will go white in time.
I also feed mussel meat and shrimp, we don't have easy access to live ghost shrimp here so I use earthworms as a treat
i have 4 females and 3 males liao

2bd female 1 bd male 1 pair of p14 hybrid and 1 pair of pearl ways

now wondering if i should split them up as 3 bd and male p14 as 1 group (since all about same size

and 1 p14 hybrid female and the pair of pearls as 1 group

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store