New pickup from TUIC - Cryptoheros Septemfasciatum

CrimsonFog

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2012
Warshingtun
Any updates? I was thinking about getting a group of these.

Bad-Daddio

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 11, 2005
Granite Falls, WA, USA
Any updates? I was thinking about getting a group of these.
No updates for mine. They are happy, healthy, and ready to go. I have just left them separated in their quarantine tank along with the centrarchus. The female is much larger and meaner. When I've tried to pull the divider she has gone ape $#!T and tore him up. I'm waiting until I get back from a long vacation at the end of May to put them in a different tank with a lot more cover and see if I can get a spawn out of them. I know as soon as they do, her growth will slow and it will give him a chance to get bigger than her.

I don't have any pics, but she is hands down the single prettiest fish I've ever had.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

GMFISHNUT

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2008
Long Island, NY
My pair is doing great in a 30 long. They've spawned once, got around 100 fry and they seem ready to go again. Absolutely gorgeous in breeding dress! I will post some more pics of them with their fry.

CrimsonFog

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2012
Warshingtun
My pair is doing great in a 30 long. They've spawned once, got around 100 fry and they seem ready to go again. Absolutely gorgeous in breeding dress! I will post some more pics of them with their fry.
Very nice! My LFS has some and was thinking about getting a trio for one of my 40b's. Are they easy to sexually differentiate?

darth pike

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2008
Korriban
I find it funny, how fish come and go in circles. Back in high school when I worked in the LFS, the Sept's were as common in our shop as Convicts. Actually, more so since they are more colorful.

GMFISHNUT

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2008
Long Island, NY
Very nice! My LFS has some and was thinking about getting a trio for one of my 40b's. Are they easy to sexually differentiate?
Pretty easy to tell males from females depending on how mature they are I guess. Female will have the dorsal blotch. My female also has orange flanks and a blueish color around her belly. My male is a beautiful wine color.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store