New pickup, L095 Orange Cheek Pleco

Niki_up

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2018
hmm...

Looks similar to the 'red devil' pleco, the fins are trimmed in red instead of orange.
They do look similar to the L25 plecos or Red Devils. Their body spots are different and can vary from l95 to l95. The personalities are also different, with the l95 being more gentle and community friendly. The l25 are more aggressive and can get much larger.

Reactions: FINWIN

Niki_up

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2018
So I went away for the weekend and when I came back I saw that the fins of the orange cheek were shredded. I’m pretty sure it was caused by my male melanura. I’ve decided to rehome the vieja as I enjoy the orange cheek more than the vieja

Reactions: DrownedFishonFire

Rob909

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2018
Fontana, CA
Don’t know how I missed this, congrats on finally finding one! (Back in august of course)
I assume it healed up well and is doing great again?

Niki_up

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2018
Don’t know how I missed this, congrats on finally finding one! (Back in august of course)
I assume it healed up well and is doing great again?
Unfortunately not, this one was murdered by my viejas shortly after introduction. It was a very sad day and I was very reluctant to post an update as you can see my lack of updates in this thread that I promised many pictures of.

however, I have sourced two additional l95’s and they have been in my care for about 4 weeks now. They are doing fantastic and slowly adjust to my tank, they are not as outgoing as the last one.

The viejas have since been rehomed.

Here are some updated pictures

3432AD0C-3ECE-45FF-890F-24E44F805DEB.jpegCF57EA2F-BF1B-4D0A-8B9F-272299798ED3.jpegA31C72DD-7E87-4F22-9669-22BA2D57732C.jpeg

Rob909

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2018
Fontana, CA
Oh no, I feared that was the case when I didn’t see any updates! Sorry to bring up a sore subject!
You did find those other two pretty quickly though. Both in the same tank? How’s the aggression between the two? I’ve heard horror stories but I’ve also seen it work.
interesting spotting on yours too, very minimal pattern but tons in the fins.

Niki_up

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2018
Oh no, I feared that was the case when I didn’t see any updates! Sorry to bring up a sore subject!
You did find those other two pretty quickly though. Both in the same tank? How’s the aggression between the two? I’ve heard horror stories but I’ve also seen it work.
interesting spotting on yours too, very minimal pattern but tons in the fins.
No worries, it’s never easy losing big beautiful fish.

I really lucked into these two together, they were my first online fish order ever and it went fantastic.

the first one was extremely spotted on the body which I loved and I’ll probably be hard pressed to find another like it.

these two do have a lot of spotting on their fins which I like, they even have the steel blue/grey color in their fins (only visible at certain times)

there is no aggression between the two whatsoever, I haven’t read anything about them having con specific aggression and wasn’t really anticipating any haha

my goal is to find a female, I have a line on 3 more that I’d like to purchase in hopes of a female as I think my two are male

Rob909

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2018
Fontana, CA
No worries, it’s never easy losing big beautiful fish.

I really lucked into these two together, they were my first online fish order ever and it went fantastic.

the first one was extremely spotted on the body which I loved and I’ll probably be hard pressed to find another like it.

these two do have a lot of spotting on their fins which I like, they even have the steel blue/grey color in their fins (only visible at certain times)

there is no aggression between the two whatsoever, I haven’t read anything about them having con specific aggression and wasn’t really anticipating any haha

my goal is to find a female, I have a line on 3 more that I’d like to purchase in hopes of a female as I think my two are male
That’s awesome, I was very nervous with my first online order also.

I know the exact color you’re talking about. My 95 has that in the fins as well and while I wasn’t expecting it, I’m very pleasantly surprised to see it.

That would be awesome if you end up with a pair. I truly hope the new ones will not show aggression either. Will they be the only plecos in this tank? Can’t wait until you post the updates when they start showing spawning behavior.

Niki_up

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2018
That’s awesome, I was very nervous with my first online order also.

I know the exact color you’re talking about. My 95 has that in the fins as well and while I wasn’t expecting it, I’m very pleasantly surprised to see it.

That would be awesome if you end up with a pair. I truly hope the new ones will not show aggression either. Will they be the only plecos in this tank? Can’t wait until you post the updates when they start showing spawning behavior.
Yea beautiful plecos!!

no currently I’m in tank flux and it’s a mess right now, I’m trying to re home a bunch of fish and hoping to get another tank set up here to move some fish around.

the 95’s currently live with l333, l264, l137,amd bn plecos.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store