New polypterus delhezi!!

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
There is good protein and bad protein, pay less attention to the %, and more to what makes up the protein. . Looking at the ingredients they are roughly equal to each other, too much wheat/starch/soy/pea ingredients for my fish.

I see no need to switch to hikari if they are taking omega one. It would be different if they were not taking any pellets. If you want more protein, chop up whole fish like silversides or earthworms

Kelly_Aquatics

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2020
I would but i only have frozen shrimp right now when i go out i guess i can grab some silver sides and i tried chopped earth worms but they dident real like them i guess i can try again but i dont think they ate any they really love the pellets and they like shrimp i dont think its that they are picky i think they know if they dont eat the new stuff i will eventual give them pellets if that makes sense i guess i need to be more firm

Kelly_Aquatics

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2020
ok so this is the best pic i can get now il have to wait till its darker the glare is terrible but you get the idea tanks still divide bc the lids are egg crate with mesh but on the JDs side their is no mesh i ran out so i think the dels could wriggle through

PXL_20201017_170403640.jpg

Kelly_Aquatics

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2020
ok question so I have egg crate lids but with mesh I was wondering if I could remove the mesh since food is getting stuck and attracting bugs and magots I will be getting glass lids soon but just for now I need to know so the bichirs are about 3/4" wide on their head and maybe a little bigger around their body and the egg crate is 3/4" gaps so to get through the bichirs would have to hit the lid at the perfect angle almost perpendicularity so my fear is they get caught in it or wriggle through highly unlikely but im being paranoid so let me know what you think

Thanks!!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store