New project, will take a long time

Yanbbrox

Monster hole digger
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2007
Nr Mcr uk
Nic;1950235; said:
cant wait to see the finished product....
jjdsplace;1950635; said:
looking good cant wait to see the end
Thanks guys, I really didn't expect to get this far so soon and in all honesty I thought it would take until next summer to get it done hence the 'take a long time' in the thread header. As soon as we got any heavy rain I was expected it to fill and be unworkable until it dried but so far the summer is a good summer and it's holding up and I'm about 2 weeks in front of the maximum of what I thought was even possible and since I've been off today I've been digging non stop(with time off to watch the gp) I've done a lot more.

My dad came round to help out with finishing the patio and to install the gate, he said he'd come round when I was at work to do some digging and this is what he did:
dad.jpg

I can't believe how far he got, ok obviously he's allergic to the clay;) but that's the majority of the pond outline done and a foot down, just needs squaring off and going back a foot or so.

I'm just shopping down my efforts from today, update in a few minutes:)

Yanbbrox

Monster hole digger
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2007
Nr Mcr uk
The day started with rain, undeterred as soon as it stopped I went out and carried on all be it with a few cm of water in the hole, had a break whilst I watched Lewis win the gp(which I had a fiver on btw:)), during which it rained again and refilled the hole with more water:irked::
wet.jpg

I had a few more hours after but started to fade fast and as I'm also off tomorrow I thought I'd call it a day, est. 30-40 barrows out today and I'm suffering for it. All down to the 'magic mark' of 3 foot eleven:headbang2

It's raining really heavy now, fingers crossed for tomorrow :confused:

end1.jpg

end2.jpg

Yanbbrox

Monster hole digger
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2007
Nr Mcr uk
mike dunagan;1950952; said:
pretty good!
Thanks Mike:)

Mrs Y jokingly said I couldn't get the outline down to 3 foot eleven in the next 2 days(i've got off), she is winning because of 2 things, a: I'm fooked and b: because the barrow is on it's last legs already.

If I do manage it, not nessaceraly on this block off but the next I'm going to have to study up hard on the diy filters and installing bottom drains, I was expecting at least another month of research to get it right:eek:

Loulou

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2007
Mauritius Island, Indian Ocean
Things are moving fast :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Yanbbrox

Monster hole digger
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2007
Nr Mcr uk
Loulou;1952946; said:
Things are moving fast :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:
Just wait until you see today's update later;)

freeskier

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 29, 2007
NJ
this is turning out really good! i really like your whole backyard. are you in an urban area?

jjdsplace

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 5, 2007
uk
wow you realley are getting though that clay i know how hard it is to move clay and all out to you it should look great when done

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store