New QT pond

Moneypit

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 29, 2012
Wa
I am just about finished with my new QT, It is using a 6' DreamPond show tank with a 55 gallon settling chamber and 55 gallon moving bed filter. I am running it with a 500GPH mag drive pump for now untill I get a pump for it next week. The filters will be built in to look like the fence and remain in place so all I have to do is get the show tank out hook up a couple ferncos and fill it up. It will be heated with a coil of composite tubing installed in the bottom of the moving bed filter from a flat plate heat exchanger that I heat my main pond with. Next year I will be building a 2000 gallon pond recessed into the deck.

Moneypit

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 29, 2012
Wa
Thanks, here are a few more pictures. With the new pump and UV installed also the filter enclosure done and insulated.

kendragon

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
I was just going to ask about a UV on your first set of photos. You've thought of everything. I love those Tiny Might pumps.

Moneypit

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 29, 2012
Wa
I have four 12"-14" koi comming in from Colorado this next week. A mix of Chagoi and Soragoi.

Moneypit

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 29, 2012
Wa
Well the koi are on the way, I pick them up tomorrow at the Tacoma WA. Fedex shipping hub.

kendragon

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
What do you think of the gin rin variety or midori? Very nice quality. Netting of scales are exceptional.

Moneypit

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 29, 2012
Wa
What do you think of the gin rin variety or midori? Very nice quality. Netting of scales are exceptional.
I like them, they are harder to find good quality at a decent price. These are from a amature breader in colorado, He is breeding from Marusei stock. I got them for real good price.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store