New Shark/Ray Tank

mrcobra92

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 27, 2013
California
Hello! I am relatively new here, I have posted before, but I can't log into that account anymore no matter what I do, so I made a new one. I have a cycled 370 gallon 6X4X2.2 tank, and I need so advice of what and where to get sharks and rays. I know I want blue spotted ribontail rays, but I also want a small nurse shark, I do have a 1000 gallon home for it when it gets too big, but I can keep a small one for now. I just need to know where to get these two fish. Any help is appreciated. :)

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL
Welcome (back). Right off the bat, don't get a nurse shark. Where will it go in a year when it's outgrown the 1,000gallon - let alone the 370?
Also, blue spot rays are hard to keep and generally speaking don't do well in tank settings.

Instead, I'd suggest starting with Round rays, Cortez rays or Yellow rays.
For sharks, look into some of the smaller species of bamboo sharks or catsharks. They'll do much better in your size tank.

There are a few good places to get them once you figure out what types you want. I highly suggest Josh ('Turbo253' on here). He's a great guy and always provides amazing quality in sharks/rays.

mrcobra92

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 27, 2013
California
Thanks for the reply, I will not be getting a nurse shark for the reasons you discribed, but as for the blue spots, the person I got the tank from actually had two blue spots in this tank for over 4 years. I plan on picking those up soon, I have personally had good success with them as well, I had one for almost 2, I recently sold it to allow for the tank upgrade. And thank you very much for the info of who to buy from.

mrcobra92

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 27, 2013
California
Thanks for the advice, the nurse shark is out, but the blue spot I have had amazing luck with (going on 2 years) I just sold the one I had, but I will be buying another one.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store