New style of aqueon heaters, any experience with them?

Rass

Aimara
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2005
California
I think your right man. Something is off with those heaters. I run an older aqueon 250 in my 6 foot 100 gallon, and two newer 200's in my 75 gallon, and a 40 breeder that is down close to a concrete floor. The room drops into the low 60's easily and dipped into the 50's when the power was out. I also have an old ebo jaeger 250 in a 72 bow front. All of these tanks easily maintain 78-80 degrees. They do take a long time to heat up without the help of a little warm water during water changes but 300 seems big enough for a 75 that it shouldn't struggle that much IMO. I even have a 100 watt in a 40 breeder shrimp tank that runs about 73-74 on average.

DDK

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 25, 2013
us
I think your right man. Something is off with those heaters. I run an older aqueon 250 in my 6 foot 100 gallon, and two newer 200's in my 75 gallon, and a 40 breeder that is down close to a concrete floor. The room drops into the low 60's easily and dipped into the 50's when the power was out. I also have an old ebo jaeger 250 in a 72 bow front. All of these tanks easily maintain 78-80 degrees. They do take a long time to heat up without the help of a little warm water during water changes but 300 seems big enough for a 75 that it shouldn't struggle that much IMO. I even have a 100 watt in a 40 breeder shrimp tank that runs about 73-74 on average.
Well I found the problem after some digging! The heater barely works lmaoooooo. The heaters not coming on anymore, indicator lights on but no heat. Out of three, 1 still works after i smacked it around a couple times but I'm replacing that one too. Avoid these heaters like the plague. /:

Rass

Aimara
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2005
California
I've been using the aqueon pro model, all plastic ones, and haven't had any issues. I currently have some older ones, and a newer one. All seem to work ok. I have another one coming this week. I'll let you know if there is an issue with this one.

Rid_Ether

Exodon
MFK Member
Nov 5, 2019
Kansas City, MO
Aqueon has great customer service but they make one of the worst heaters. Aqueon heaters leak and are made out of the cheapest material. If you ever seen the box in which it was shipped you will understand. You will get 2 years out of a 300w heater Max life or A) you will get a defective one that leaks and will kill your fish b) shock you c) burn you house down. I do not trust Aqueon when it comes to knowing how to make a world class product. You would think they would make sure a product that uses electricity while submerged in water be...safer.

IMG_20191231_230445-1.png

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store