NEW Super red Texas!

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
I imported this guy a month ago. I absolutely am in love with this fish! This fish is the most personable fish I've ever kept, even more so that my flowerhorns. He chases my hand around the tank and will spit water at me when he wants food.
Definitely not a bad looking fish ya got there. Looks like it was made by crossing a GT with a fader flowerhorn from how it's got a flowerline still barely visible. Did ya vent it yet to check what gender it is? I think it would make for a good breeder if ya can find a mate for it.

Reactions: gourami guru

gourami guru

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 24, 2017
Definitely not a bad looking fish ya got there. Looks like it was made by crossing a GT with a fader flowerhorn from how it's got a flowerline still barely visible. Did ya vent it yet to check what gender it is? I think it would make for a good breeder if ya can find a mate for it.
Thanks for the compliment. I did vent and he's definitely male.

Reactions: Magnus_Bane

Man-made Monsters

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Dec 26, 2016
Absolutely stunning Super Red Texas you have there!!!! His color and shape are amazing! Sadly they are often not fertile. If your SRT is then you can make some Beautiful Babies. I would breed him to a Crystal Parrot. Or maybe test his fertility first with a regular female parrot.

maxstillen

Dovii
MFK Member
May 10, 2007
Denver, CO
Thats a great looking srt. I like the ones like yours with the big pearls and he looks like his head is starting to come in nicely also. I would just grow him out in his own tank since hes nice enough to be a show peice for your living room.

Reactions: gourami guru
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store