New Tank Cycle Advice

TUCCI

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2018
Colorado
Cute little guy but, from my recollection, clowns have a symbiotic relationship with anemones. It won’t be happy unless it’s safe and comfy in the middle of one. You can almost see by the look in its eye , where’s my anemone?

The Morning

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2018
Anemones are not needed with clowns especially in an aquarium. Plus it is Ill advised to add an anemone in a salt water tank until it is well established.

Reactions: Fishman Dave

TUCCI

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2018
Colorado
Of course , not until its through cycling.....I don't know, take a look at the look in its eyes, I'm thinking he might disagree about not needing one.......☺

Jon M

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2010
Port Saint John, FL
Cute little guy but, from my recollection, clowns have a symbiotic relationship with anemones. It won’t be happy unless it’s safe and comfy in the middle of one. You can almost see by the look in its eye , where’s my anemone?
Anemones are not needed with clowns especially in an aquarium. Plus it is Ill advised to add an anemone in a salt water tank until it is well established.
I plan for a bta down the road but as already stated by The Morning The Morning they definnitely don't "need" an anemone in the same tank with them. In fact everyone has told me thus far that they'll only develop a bond with an anemone like half the time they're kept together, at best. The perimeters are cycled at this point as far as ammonia, nitrite, and nitrates, but as The Morning The Morning also stated, I don't think the tank itself is "well established" enough to be adding anemones yet. I have the rocks going threw the "ugly phase" which leads me to believe that final nitrifying stage in the porous inners of the rocks may still be establishing.

Of course , not until its through cycling.....I don't know, take a look at the look in its eyes, I'm thinking he might disagree about not needing one.......☺
I'm assuming you're joking, but I'm not positive... lol

Last edited:
Reactions: TUCCI
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store