New Tank mate for Samson

bringard

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2016
Samson is the name of the larger stingray. Fabio is the little guy. Kids helped with the names. Samson had a female tank mate, Delilah, but he was too aggressive and beat her up pretty good. I was able to trade her for the little guy and named him fabio after the way he acts and approaches the glass when I'm near it. Had him for a couple of months in a separate tank to grow out.

Will be watching them closely but as of now Samson doesnt seem to mind Fabio being around him.

I'd like to enter them into the POTM contest, but need more posts

IMG_2170.jpg

IMG_2171.jpg

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
Very nice! What type are they?
Next POTM is April, by then you should have enough posts!

Reactions: tlindsey

bringard

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2016
Samson is a hybrid, not sure what his parents were. I got him at a local pet store and all they said was he was a motoro.

The small guy is a Leo Hybrid.

Thanks for looking

bringard

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2016
Interesting behavior so far after 1 week. The little guy will not leave the big ones side. Likes to swim over and around him. In the grow tank he was moving all over and I often found him swim at the top of the water columng. So far there has been no aggression with the little ray constantly on top of the big one

Just very interesting to see them stay so close.

Anyone else have the same experience with Rays??

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Southern California (San Diego)
That pic is funny! Samson could eat that little mouse! He would definitely have a shot at winning...but there are some crazy tanks and pics out there.

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
I know just about nothing about rays, but it may be breeding behavior? jim barry jim barry
Large one is a male, small one I can’t tell but may be female.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store