New tank set up

Jl1217

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 19, 2017
Good morning
New to keeping piranahas so I would like to get some information before I purchase these guys . I'm starting out with a 55 gallon tank all brand new I was told i could out 3 or 4 red bellies in there and it shouldn't be to crowded if that is wrong some one please chime in . From my understand the water needs to be between 75 and 80 the tank came with a 200 watt heater is that good enough ? Also they say the ph level should be around 7 or 8 ? Since this is all brand new equipment I want to get it pretty close to perfect before I go and purchase my piranahas and something is wrong . So if anyone can go through this with me It would be greatly appreciated!! I'm in New Jersey and on this site I see the place in Belleville nj is the store to go to purchase them if anyone knows of a better store that would be great to
Thanks
Justin

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Good morning
New to keeping piranahas so I would like to get some information before I purchase these guys . I'm starting out with a 55 gallon tank all brand new I was told i could out 3 or 4 red bellies in there and it shouldn't be to crowded if that is wrong some one please chime in . From my understand the water needs to be between 75 and 80 the tank came with a 200 watt heater is that good enough ? Also they say the ph level should be around 7 or 8 ? Since this is all brand new equipment I want to get it pretty close to perfect before I go and purchase my piranahas and something is wrong . So if anyone can go through this with me It would be greatly appreciated!! I'm in New Jersey and on this site I see the place in Belleville nj is the store to go to purchase them if anyone knows of a better store that would be great to
Thanks
Justin

Welcome aboard :)

I suggest reading the Piranha threads for aquarium size under Other Monster fish on this forum.

Jl1217

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 19, 2017
Can I move this thread to the right section of the website ? New to the site so wasn't sure where to post this up
Thanks
Justin

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Can I move this thread to the right section of the website ? New to the site so wasn't sure where to post this up
Thanks
Justin

You may have to make 5 post. Let me Know if you received an alert for Piranha thread.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
How do u properly cycle the tank ?

Type in Nitrifying cycle or how to Cycle an aquarium in the search bar a few ways that members do it but if you can get some media from a friend's aquarium that will jump start it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store