New tank

Scotty

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2005
George, South Africa
Great tank your have there. :drool: My greshakei male is also very dominant in my tank. What sorted him out is I made two piles of rock at either end. This meant he could only dominate the one pile. When I had a reef he was all over it. In the wild they will patrol around 3-6 feet from the spot, this making a tank well within their normal territorial reach. When we bought the greshakei he was a total different colour. The actual day we went in to buy him he was just about black when he appeared from behind the filter. One of my favourite fish we have. Have around 100, mostly wild caughts, which adds up to around 45 species.
My supplier received a new shipment last Friday and he had some really great fish. Labeotropheus blue something were absolutely amazing fish. Some of the males were between 6-8 inches. Some great Copidochromis species as well.
If you visit my gallery you will see a pic of my greshakei. Shakes at evry female but his own. :naughty: :woot: :clap :headbang2 :thumbsup:

DJ BIG T

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2006
Orlando , FL
very nice tank and great looking ciclids you have there...

SinisterKisses

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2005
Thanks everyone :) The tank is a 55gal tank, and it would seem the fish are loving it! I came home today to find that my dominant Mbweca male was busy, as two of his girls are holding. A few more look like they're getting ready. Yay :) I also added a new fish today, check out my 'New Fish (kind of)' thread to see him :)

SinisterKisses

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2005
Thanks. The fish are all settled in, seem to have figured out the pecking order, so all is good :)

SinisterKisses

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2005
Honestly, I'm not sure what it is. I think its probably slate, but I dunno for sure...I have this 'I refuse to pay for rocks for my tank, when they're just lying around all over the damn place' moto, so I went and picked these up from a large rockpile at a construction site just down the road. They don't do jip to help buffer the water, but my water is so soft, I'd have to add stuff even if it did.

SinisterKisses

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2005
Thanks :) The only thing is that its lacking a lot of bright colour, since the focus of this tank is the Mbweca colony, and they're yellow and brown. The greshakei has awesome colour, and there's an albino greshakei in there too...the only one who really stands out though, is the male kenyi. Bright yellow thing swimming around ;) Its okay though, the other mbuna community tank has got lots of colour to make up for it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store