New to MFK

MrWing

Feeder Fish
May 5, 2019
New to the forum. Recently picked up a 260L tank with an Eheim 2260. Already have a planted Nano with Corys but always wanted something more oddball. Not sure what to stock in the 260L would love something unusual or aggressive. But realise size is an issue so will limit my choice (my P-Bass dream will have to hold off until I’m richer

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
Not a fan of Birchirs.
Well not everyone is perfect. Lol
Yeah Exodons are pretty interesting and pretty, can live in a planted tank. You wont be able to keep much with them but its not a huge tank. Ive seen them here for anywhere from $7.99 to 19.99 each. I almost got 10 when I saw them at 7.99 I'm glad I didnt atm but maybe in the future.

• Haha
Reactions: Matteus

MrWing

Feeder Fish
May 5, 2019
Wow that is cheap as hell man. I’m in the UK here we are ripped off even for feeders Are Birchrs the ones that escape tanks often or am I confusing that for a rope fish?

Reactions: Matteus

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
Part of the same family. But ropes are escape artists. Bichirs tend to be more of a jumper. There are alot of schools of thought on the reasons they jump or try to get out. Keep a tight lid and its usually fine. Ive got 11 ropes and 10 different polys they dont try to escape anymore. But i have a screened canopy and lids and lids on my overflows. So kinda like maximum secerity.

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
Welcome to mfk.

Exodons are neat to watch eat. Like a pack of mini piranhas. Waiting to have an exp tank some day.

Bichirs and ropefish are both part of the polypterus family. And yes they both need tight fitted lids to make sure they stay in the tank. Lol

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Welcome to mfk.

Exodons are neat to watch eat. Like a pack of mini piranhas. Waiting to have an exp tank some day.

Bichirs and ropefish are both part of the polypterus family. And yes they both need tight fitted lids to make sure they stay in the tank. Lol

Welcome aboard

Reactions: islandguy11
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store