Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Something Else? Let me know!

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters

Jerad Wilson

Feeder Fish
Oct 16, 2017
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
After being in the aquarium hobby for a few years, I ditched my dinky nano tanks and got my first 'larger' tank. Only 210 gallons, it's still the largest tank I've owned. This 84" by 24" by 24" tank only cost me $100. I work at my Local Fish Store so I can get pretty good discounts on most fish, supplies, and plants. I'm really excited to join the forum.

Thanks, Jerad.

A

AquaAlex1993

Well considering that you've only kept small fish, I would recommend going with some semi aggressive cichlids and the like.
Cichlids like severums, geophagus, chocolate cichlids, uaru cichlids would love the tank space, and even an Oscar if an Oscar is your cup of tea.
Here is what I would stock in the tank if it was mine:
~ Severum Cichlids (1 to 3)
~ Uaru Cichlid (3)
~ Chocolate Cichlid (1)
~ Geophagus (red head tapajos, winemilleri, and any specie you like, you can do up to 6 or as many as you like)
~ Redhook silverdollars/Thin bar black bars/wide bar black bars or a big school of metynnis silverdollars
~ Bala sharks
~ Flagtail prochilodus
~ Pictus catfish
~ Lima shovelnose
~ Fancy plecos
With some driftwood, black sand as substrate, and some plastic plants, this would be a awesome sight to see fish tank.

Jerad Wilson

Feeder Fish
Oct 16, 2017
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Well considering that you've only kept small fish, I would recommend going with some semi aggressive cichlids and the like.
Cichlids like severums, geophagus, chocolate cichlids, uaru cichlids would love the tank space, and even an Oscar if an Oscar is your cup of tea.
Here is what I would stock in the tank if it was mine:
~ Severum Cichlids (1 to 3)
~ Uaru Cichlid (3)
~ Chocolate Cichlid (1)
~ Geophagus (red head tapajos, winemilleri, and any specie you like, you can do up to 6 or as many as you like)
~ Redhook silverdollars/Thin bar black bars/wide bar black bars or a big school of metynnis silverdollars
~ Bala sharks
~ Flagtail prochilodus
~ Pictus catfish
~ Lima shovelnose
~ Fancy plecos
With some driftwood, black sand as substrate, and some plastic plants, this would be a awesome sight to see fish tank.
That's a great suggestion. Thanks.

ShawnShawn

Feeder Fish
Oct 16, 2017
I agree with the overwhelming advice, community is one of the better ways to go! I recommend some German blue rams! Small, semi-aggressive, and loaded with color.

Chub_by

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2012
Europe
Welcome to MFK..however, you can't call your thread new to Monster Fish Keeping and then only post ideas of small peaceful fish.. :p

Reactions: FishBeast
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store