New to monster fish

GoldfishAddict

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2021
Hey all. New to board. Not so new to fishkeeping. I’ve kept discus, angelfish, ram cichlids and tetras. However I have kept mostly fancy goldfish. I have always had a soft spot for goldfish. I am growing out a baby silver Arowana in a 125 but he’s moving to a 220 or 220+ gallon by Christmas! I promise you guys that!
Hoping to get a lemon Oscar and peacock bass in the future, too. Flag tail fish and giant gourami’s catch my eye aswell. Not a ton of bottom dwellers but I am not opposed to feather fin or clown loaches in the future.

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
Hey all. New to board. Not so new to fishkeeping. I’ve kept discus, angelfish, ram cichlids and tetras. However I have kept mostly fancy goldfish. I have always had a soft spot for goldfish. I am growing out a baby silver Arowana in a 125 but he’s moving to a 220 or 220+ gallon by Christmas! I promise you guys that!
Hoping to get a lemon Oscar and peacock bass in the future, too. Flag tail fish and giant gourami’s catch my eye aswell. Not a ton of bottom dwellers but I am not opposed to feather fin or clown loaches in the future.
Welcome to the fishy family. I’ve owned a flagtail In the past and they are amazing beautiful fish that have more personality than you might think. Do you have any pictures of your fish and tanks

GoldfishAddict

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2021
Great. Members who have lived when it comes to the hobby. Knowledgeable, and friendly.
I have developed the interest in switching from discus to monster fish species. But I refuse to give up the gold guys!
Anyway my silver aro has just been placed into the 125 his temporary home. He refused flakes but loved mealworms and fluvul bug bites pellets.

yeah I’ve followed most the major monster fish tubers for years now. Very good predator aquarium setups that inspired me take that plunge!

Apply for that job. Date that person. Buy that prized Arowana. Set that dream tank up. Do all the things that scare you, because they're worth it.

I have pics and clips.I wasn’t sure if I had enough posts to share them yet Is all.But I’d love to.

Reactions: Rtc/tsn

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
Great. Members who have lived when it comes to the hobby. Knowledgeable, and friendly.
I have developed the interest in switching from discus to monster fish species. But I refuse to give up the gold guys!
Anyway my silver aro has just been placed into the 125 his temporary home. He refused flakes but loved mealworms and fluvul bug bites pellets.

yeah I’ve followed most the major monster fish tubers for years now. Very good predator aquarium setups that inspired me take that plunge!

Apply for that job. Date that person. Buy that prized Arowana. Set that dream tank up. Do all the things that scare you, because they're worth it.

I have pics and clips.I wasn’t sure if I had enough posts to share them yet Is all.But I’d love to.
I’ll be honest, a lot of the monster fish you tubers aren’t that good of fish keepers.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Welcome aboard

I suggest getting a larger aquarium more width and length. I wouldn't add a Giant Gourami to the aquarium with the other fish.

GoldfishAddict

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2021
Thank you all.

I won’t be adding a gourami then. I know I want the Arowana in with either 2 oscars or 1 peacock bass and 1 Oscar. Maybe a pleco if able.

I have a video I uploaded of the small aro. If I am allowed I’ll link it.

14crazychris

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2019
Ooo another goldfish fanatic! Sorry to derail the thread but here’s my fatties. I’m sure you can appreciate them ? I also want to start keeping monster fish soon!
0CC962CF-C8A9-43E9-A0F0-7FC7A55AE067.jpegF83152B7-DDE9-49E9-8985-407B8C805478.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: FINWIN
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store