new to rays.. please advice on diets..

giar

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 20, 2016
Indonesia
as for now i will stick to ghost shrimp coz i notice thats the only thing they take so far..

it has been 3 days, one appears to be more active than the other.. how long should i expect them to get used to their new home?

if anything goes wrong, what are the signs that i should be aware of?

these rays look so delicate, so different with other fishes that ive had

so far there are still plenty of ghost shrimps in the tank.. yeah, some of them indeed gone, i can tell, but most people say rays eat like pig, but it doesnt looks like it in my case..

Last edited:

giar

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 20, 2016
Indonesia
almost a week they still refuse every foods except ghost shrimp..

so as for now i gutload the shrimps with frozen bloodworms before putting them in the tank..

i know it is not a really good thing to feed them with one type of food.. but what can i do better with my case?

Tskstorm

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2011
Pocono's
almost a week they still refuse every foods except ghost shrimp..

so as for now i gutload the shrimps with frozen bloodworms before putting them in the tank..

i know it is not a really good thing to feed them with one type of food.. but what can i do better with my case?
Please follow the advice already given. Look up "DIY JOEY" on youtube for his diy ray food, I feed my rays nightcrawlers, the DIY food I make, Mysis shrimp, and pellets. NO LIVE FOOD.

If they dont readily accept any of the foods you are trying you just need to keep trying, there are plenty of things you can try, but persistence is key.

giar

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 20, 2016
Indonesia
Please follow the advice already given. Look up "DIY JOEY" on youtube for his diy ray food, I feed my rays nightcrawlers, the DIY food I make, Mysis shrimp, and pellets. NO LIVE FOOD.

If they dont readily accept any of the foods you are trying you just need to keep trying, there are plenty of things you can try, but persistence is key.
he has a ton of videos.. if u don't mind can u pass me the link of the particular video you are talkin about?? thabks a lot

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store