New to the forum :)

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Ive been in the hobby most of my life; have kind of drifted away for a few years with only keeping a few lightly stocked aquariums and not doing a lot with them. Getting ready to get back into the hobby on a more serious level...have ordered a 180G acrylic tank and cabinet which will be arriving sometime within the next few weeks. For this tank I'm looking to get back into keeping the fish I truly enjoy. Looking to add a black aro, lima shovelnose or vulcher cat, along with an oscar(have currently), 5 spotted silver dollars(have currently), sun catfish(currently have) and a red spot severum. I have ordered 3 SunSun 304Bs to get started may add a 4th down the road. I know the arowana will likely outgrow the 180G in a few years; not really an issue as I plan to move in the next few years so a larger(wider) aquarium is definitely a possibility...but for quite some time I suspect the 180G will be just fine :)

This tank will replace a few smaller systems which are going. In addition to the 180G I also have a 75G planted fancy goldfish tank and a 55G with a female midas. Have 2 75G tanks, 47 column, 50G acrylic, and 20G acrylic in storage...so who knows where this could go.

If anyone has any leads on getting a black aro...do let me know :)
Welcome aboard

Reactions: Deadeye

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Ahh, welcome comrade, I hope you annoy your stay here, feel free to ask me or the mods if you have any questions.
Not sure how “enjoy” got auto changed to “annoy”.

So tell me bud, are there any kinds of fish you like to keep in particular? Catfish, cichlids,gars, stingrays, etc?

Cich Mind

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2021
Michigan
Welcome back to this awesome hobby and MFK G Gh05t . Stick around for a while. There's a lot of knowledge here at this site.

Reactions: Deadeye
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store