new to the site

MIKEZILLA

Feeder Fish
Mar 27, 2004
Charlotte, North Carolina
.......and very new to photography as well.
in the past i had took a few pics of my fish using a cheap, but suprisingly pretty good, fuji. i just took pics to show what fish i had or the tank or whatever and i didn't really care if it looked great or not.........but recently decided i'd like to get a little better at it. (probably influenced from seeing the incredible pics that get posted on cichlid-forum.) anyway......i decided to buy a decent camera and try to learn a few things, so here i am. you probably won't see many pics from me because........well, mine don't look so hot *LOL* i am just lurking around to try to soak up a lil info.
just so you know what i am working with, i attached pics of my tank and a couple fish.
thank you,
mike

MIKEZILLA

Feeder Fish
Mar 27, 2004
Charlotte, North Carolina
Molino said:
Great tank setup and Welcome! Try the Photography 101 forum for tips on your photos.

What kind of camera do you have?

thanks.

i just updated my profile......i have a sony 717. it is actually a little more camera than i was looking to buy, but i found is as an "open box" item in a store here and it was about 1/2 the price so i decided what the heck and bought it.

G

That is a pretty popular camera, I have it also. Your pics are good for the beginner. Post some in Photography 101 as Molino said, you will get some help. try to post any relevant info, specially shooting parameters and tank info.
Ed

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store