New Tropical Pond

tuggerd

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2008
Costa Rica
This time its going to be bigger and better. My idea is to have a swimming pond/fish pond. I've already made a dry run with a 3,000 gallon pond and its working perfectly. This one will be about 20,000 gallons with a bog, two filter/skimmers, and 3 bottom drains to remove the solids. To start out with I've just turned my yard into a major mess. If anyone is inerested here is my previous post with the first tropical pond.
http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1988279#post1988279

Feel free to give me tips along the way. I have a feeling I'll be needing plenty. I dug down and hit like natural concrete base in which to build upon. In the top of the last picture you can see where the natural bog is going to go. There will be two fountains, each coming from the skimmers.

IMG_0457.JPG

IMG_0458.JPG

IMG_0462.JPG

IMG_0452.JPG

IMG_0477.JPG

IMG_0479.JPG

Nic

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2005
outside philly
wow gonna be awesome....

tuggerd

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2008
Costa Rica
I figured I'd throw some more info out there. In my older tropical pond I have a 1,200 gallon per hour pump, a 25 watt UV light with the water flowing through a bog and a waterfall. There are about 30 Dovii's in there and the water is crystal clear. I do about 20% water changes per week. Mainly because of the evaporation because its hot as hell right now. Based on what I've been reading about filtration and pond size I'm really under equiped. But I've had the water tested and its within swimming quality. Humm. I guess I'm not doing to bad then.

Muske

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2007
Mundelein IL
Where's the diving board going?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store