New york

djbvaranus

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2012
Orange County NY
Know of any good LFS stores in jersey for less common fish? I know of fishtown USA in Mawah ands few others scattered around jersey but I’m looking for the ultimate fish store. Currently I live 30 seconds into NY outside of Vernon NJ

Setherson

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2018
I go to Absolutely Fish over in Clifton, NJ. They are one of the better stores I been too around here. They have a nice setup and a good variety of fishes.

Fish Hut in Saddle Brook is also worth a visit if you got the time. Not that far off the GSP.

If you want something in particular, you could probably ask them to special order it for ya. Probably could do that at most places though.

djbvaranus

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2012
Orange County NY
I used to go to beitals back when I kept only saltwater years ago. He’s got good freshwater? I didn’t remember if he kept freshwater in stock as well. I’m gonna be looking for a 72” LED light this weekend unless someone in the area has one they wanna sell :D:D

jsodwi

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2005
south of heaven
We must be neighbors I’m a minute from Warwick [

QUOTE="djbvaranus, post: 7874083, member: 101459"]Know of any good LFS stores in jersey for less common fish? I know of fishtown USA in Mawah ands few others scattered around jersey but I’m looking for the ultimate fish store. Currently I live 30 seconds into NY outside of
I used to go to beitals back when I kept only saltwater years ago. He’s got good freshwater? I didn’t remember if he kept freshwater in stock as well. I’m gonna be looking for a 72” LED light this weekend unless someone in the area has one they wanna sell :D:D

J. H.

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2016
Pets Place 2 in Nanuet is small, but they usually have a good selection of SDs, goldfish, and Tanganiyakans. They also have some big fish and oddballs every time I go in there. Their fish are a little pricey, though.
I did not like Beital's. The guy who runs the store gave me a speech about what I could and could not do with my tank and:
a) told me plants cannot go into an uncycled tank, and do not reduce nitrate
b) told me I could keep red pike cichlids in a 55. When I told him they wouldn't even be able to turn around, he told to get a bigger tank then, even though I told him the tank was in the wall, and I had no intention of ripping the wall apart again to put in a bigger one, and wanted a fish that could live out its life in a 55.

Gourami Swami

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2006
NJ
Absolutely fish definitely has the widest selection around. Tons of rare stuff. Not the cheapest but you get what you pay for. Check it out if you haven't.

djbvaranus

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2012
Orange County NY
I had a similar bad experience with beitals when I first got into saltwater the guy who runs the place sold me a yellow tang for a 36g bowfront ... I told him it’s my first saltwater tank that I need a few small fish to cycle the tank that aren’t going to die after. I was looking at damsels and clownfish which are the hardier smaller fish that could have actually lived in that tank and instead he talked me outta it saying that they are fragile. Sold me a 6” yellow tang which died 3 days later. Never went back lol. Where about are you from? I live in Warwick technically I’m in new Milford right off 94 right before Vernon

Reactions: J. H.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store