New york

sophiaedward64

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2019
I go to Absolutely Fish over in Clifton, NJ. They are one of the better stores I been too around here. They have a nice setup and a good variety of fishes.

Fish Hut in Saddle Brook is also worth a visit if you got the time. Not that far off the GSP.

If you want something in particular, you could probably ask them to special order it for ya. Probably could do that at most places though.
Well said dear.

Cadillac15

Exodon
MFK Member
Mar 24, 2018
Older thread, but I'm in Syracuse area of New York. I like my LFS in Fulton - Get Schooled Aquatics. They always have a nice selection of oddball fish. Just picked up my flowerhorn from them yesterday.

Reactions: Poseidon2.0

Poseidon2.0

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2015
Brooklyn, NY, USA.
I’m in Kings county (Brooklyn). One or two LFS nesr me that have some ok fish selection, but usually I gave to head out of the city. Glad to know of this place in Syracuse.

TwoTankAmin

Aimara
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2008
New York
I am in Westchester, NY- 10549/

I am not a fan of Beitals. I paid them good money for a large clown loach that turned out to be not healthy with internal issues- bad result. They are rude, overpriced and it is an unpleasant experience being there. I will not go back.

I have been to a few excellent stores. But I mostly buy from breeders, wholesale or imports. I also buy at my aquarium club meetings.

Shameless plug: If you are interested in the B&W Hypancisrtus from the Rio Xingu. I breed zebras, L236 including superwhites and L173. I allow pick ups and charge less when I do not have to ship :)

There is a pricey but excellent fish store in Greenwich, CT. To work there you have to pass a test re fish. They really know their stuff which helps. But you pay for what you get and they are not cheap. It is actually one of the few stores from which I may get fish which I do not always Quarantine. That is saying a lot for me.

I was sorry to see the Shark Aquarium in NJ close.

aliadamm

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2022
Fish Hut in Saddle Brook is also worth a visit if you got the time. Not that far off the GSP.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store