New Yuji 98 CRI led t8 lights on Big Moby

greg c

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2014
nj
This light is so accurate at producing colors, like natural sunlight, Moby looks so much more orange red color in these lights and looks like how he really looks, The light is 98 CRI and 6500k and is only 1100 lumens as compared to his old 4 ft T8 light that was 1800 lumens, the lower light output is a plus for piranhas, with the old tube I had to cover half the tube to dim the light.

Last edited:

Waaaa

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2019
I’ve got a cheap nicrew led, but for my red devil it looks and works fine.

greg c

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2014
nj
I’ve got a cheap nicrew led, but for my red devil it looks and works fine.
That's awesome! leds are the way to go, here is a video I made of my red devil under the Yuji lights

Nilsafeller

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2018
High river Alberta Canada
This light is so accurate at producing colors, like natural sunlight, Moby looks so much more orange red color in these lights and looks like how he really looks, The light is 98 CRI and 6500k and is only 1100 lumens as compared to his old 4 ft T8 light that was 1800 lumens, the lower light output is a plus for piranhas, with the old tube I had to cover half the tube to dim the light.
My fav mfk piranha

Reactions: greg c

CaLiGrEEnZ

Candiru
MFK Member
How big is that Piraya .... he’s a BEAST.....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store