Newbie checking its health

felixpaul

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2017
India
I found a poop would like to know whether it's a white poop infection or a normal coloured poop.

Bigfishnut

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2016
Warren PA
Really hard to say from a quick video clip...but judging from all the feeder fish you have a sick aro. Get those feeders out of there and start working on a new diet. Feeders are no good, not nutritionally, or to the long term health of your aro. A varied diet of shrimp, tilapia, and pellets will keep your aro healthy and happy.

felixpaul

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2017
India
Hi
Thanks for your reply.
My aro is just 4-5" size.
Seller told as of now he can only have zeebra but you can feed that zeebra wit a healthy diet.

And he also added that aros are not fuzzy eaters they eat only when they are hungry. So I quarantined zeebra for a day in a seperate tank and used phenolphthalein blue in it. And only after that added him them all 200 in tank.

Bigfishnut

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2016
Warren PA
I doubt the seller has ever raised an aro to maturity. Fish stores a notorious for giving horrible advice. One of the best foods for a baby arowana is live insects. I prefer to feed mayflies, but these can be hard to obtain. Small crickets will work. Raising arowana fry is challenging...they can eat an incredible amount of food and grow quickly. Two feedings a day is critical to keep them growing properly. They should be growing about 2 inches per month if you feed them enough and keep the water good.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store