Newbie here

Katy79

Feeder Fish
Apr 29, 2017
Hi! I joined because I figure someone out there has some good knowledge....

My datnoid, Phil, is huge. I bought him at the size of a tetra, and now through my care has become the size of at least 9-10 inches.

I think I need to get him a new bigger house. He's currently in a 55 by himself, but seems too big for it....

Thoughts?

Katy79

Feeder Fish
Apr 29, 2017
I've bought a 120 gal that I'm setting up on Monday to start cycle. I'm going to use the water from my 30 bowfront that I'm getting rid of to help. I think Phil will be so happy with that much room to have. And he may actually reach his 18 inches! Yay!

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I've bought a 120 gal that I'm setting up on Monday to start cycle. I'm going to use the water from my 30 bowfront that I'm getting rid of to help. I think Phil will be so happy with that much room to have. And he may actually reach his 18 inches! Yay!

Water from the established aquarium will not provide the bio bacteria that you need to kick start the cycle add some of the bio media from your filter. You can also take ornaments, driftwood, and rocks from the main aquarium they will have beneficial bacteria on their surfac. Most importantly make sure you add dechlorinator most of us use Seachem Prime.

Reactions: Katy79

Katy79

Feeder Fish
Apr 29, 2017
I plan on moving all of the live plants over and the ornaments as well. Will need bigger stuff once it's up and running but for the first it'll provide some bac.

I swear by seachem!

Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store