Newbie stocking question

NERDALERT

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 10, 2006
NEW YORK
Hello I am new to fish keeping and have set up a 10Gal cichlid tank. My question is how quickly can I expect these fish to grow theoretically? I currently have 3 - Yellow labs and 2 -blue( I'm not quite sure which these are that will be another post) with a pleco to clean up. They are all under 2" long right now and I know that a bigger tank is on the horizon but I just need an idea of how long I have to prepare my wife! Thanks for any input!

Honda12

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2006
Michigan
First off welcome to MFK.

To be honest a 10gl is pretty much to small now. I don't even put my fry in a ten gallon, I only use them for a qaurintine tank.

I would butter up the wife pretty fast and try and get a bigger tank as soon as you get a chance.

kiloindia

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2006
FL
You need a bigger tank now. Be careful fish keeping is addictive!! :headbang2

Dave

sour_girl

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2006
Toronto
Surf around on this site for a little while.. You'll want to go MONSTER pretty quickly!!

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
GET A MONSTER TANK FOR THOSE! IT'S A GREAT INVESTMENT! WELCOME TO MFK! CAN I STOP SHOUTING NOW! MY CAPS LOCK KEY IS BROKEN!

fish head )'>

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2006
S.E. Michigan
GET A MONSTER TANK FOR THOSE! IT'S A GREAT INVESTMENT! WELCOME TO MFK! CAN I STOP SHOUTING NOW! MY CAPS LOCK KEY IS BROKEN!
See?!? VERY ADDICTIVE! Ewurm does not have any money left over to fix his key board after another trip to the fish store.:ROFL:

Ash

I dum care =]
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 27, 2005
Tampa
Cichlids are awesome, def. get a bigger tank asap, hopefully the wifey will fall in love also =) It'll get really addicting!! Great little guys you got there! Anywho good luck with that and welcome to mfk!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store