Newest Pickup, Couple of Questions.

Dr.B

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
Texas
I've found both garnet and black works for teugelsi. However I personally think garnet brings out a bett t more unique coloration. While black bascally makes them more dull at least IMO.

Rachel.Cody

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2014
Ohio
IMG_1858.JPG
Well I picked up some black today, I get tired of tank layouts easy so if this doesnt make his color much better Ill switch to garnett. But here is his tank now. Not the best filtration I know but my parameters are pretty much perfect. Running two sponge filters and an overhead sump with a carbon filter, plant stems & leaves, and some media.

IMG_1858.JPG

Rachel.Cody

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2014
Ohio
Yes, we plan on getting more but were waiting for after the holidays. Most likely a delhezi or endli

Rachel.Cody

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2014
Ohio
Update. Moved my small Senegals in with him and they did fine over night. He was chasing and nipping at first but this morning they were laying beside each other. I also watched him finally eat something. He ate some beef heart and some shrimp pellets so all is good so far.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
Update. Moved my small Senegals in with him and they did fine over night. He was chasing and nipping at first but this morning they were laying beside each other. I also watched him finally eat something. He ate some beef heart and some shrimp pellets so all is good so far.

sens seem to get bullied a bit at first, but they end up making friends haha. My koliba still nips at the little albino sen with him from time to time, but they mostly get along. Glad he's eating btw!

Rachel.Cody

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2014
Ohio
sens seem to get bullied a bit at first, but they end up making friends haha. My koliba still nips at the little albino sen with him from time to time, but they mostly get along. Glad he's eating btw!
Thank you! I was constantly watching them for a solid 4 hours before bed last night. I was really worried. Because my teug is easily twice their size but so far so good. One of the sens was hanging out at the surface for a good hour last night which worried me but I read that it's normal so I calmed down a little bit

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
Thank you! I was constantly watching them for a solid 4 hours before bed last night. I was really worried. Because my teug is easily twice their size but so far so good. One of the sens was hanging out at the surface for a good hour last night which worried me but I read that it's normal so I calmed down a little bit

haha I did the same thing. I had my sen in my pickerel tank for a night and I watched my pickerel stalk him for 4 hours...then He gott to the 55 african growout tank and I added the koliba...another 4-5 hours of monitoring with absolutely nothing to worry about lol. My sens swims in the water column and at the top quite a bit too. I never worry about him anymore...lol.

Rachel.Cody

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2014
Ohio
haha I did the same thing. I had my sen in my pickerel tank for a night and I watched my pickerel stalk him for 4 hours...then He gott to the 55 african growout tank and I added the koliba...another 4-5 hours of monitoring with absolutely nothing to worry about lol. My sens swims in the water column and at the top quite a bit too. I never worry about him anymore...lol.
Glad I'm not the only one lol

cheeseb0y

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2006
Indiana, USA
View attachment 1050724
Well I picked up some black today, I get tired of tank layouts easy so if this doesnt make his color much better Ill switch to garnett. But here is his tank now. Not the best filtration I know but my parameters are pretty much perfect. Running two sponge filters and an overhead sump with a carbon filter, plant stems & leaves, and some media.
Your stand would terrify me.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store