Next project 600 gallon aquarium

cafeiguana

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 30, 2013
monterrey
www.cafeiguana.com.mx
That’s intense

what kind of leaks? In the plumbing or on the tank itself ?
In the plumbing, in the bulkheads…. I bought and apply waterseal and it finally worked. When i corrected i knew what i did wrong!!! Begginer mistake!!! I put the seal that comes with the bulkhead on the outside of the glass!!!! And it should be on the inside. I really dont know how it happened.

Reactions: deeda and Matteus

Preacher

Dovii
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2014
west tennessee
In the plumbing, in the bulkheads…. I bought and apply waterseal and it finally worked. When i corrected i knew what i did wrong!!! Begginer mistake!!! I put the seal that comes with the bulkhead on the outside of the glass!!!! And it should be on the inside. I really dont know how it happened.
What kind of water seal? What if any pipe putty did you use?

Reactions: Matteus

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
Well that’s good you were able to get it sorted. There’s always something that goes funky, but it’s always a breath of fresh air when it’s easily corrected.

great job on this tank.

Preacher

Dovii
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2014
west tennessee
I used Flexseal. First in aerosol and didnt work. And second the flexseal paste, that comes like a silicone.
Thanks. I didn’t know you could use flex seal on aquariums. I have a 720 plywood that i am letting the silicone on the glass set for a week to cure out. Next week I hope to start water testing it.

Reactions: Matteus
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store