Nigers still growing.

Rpul

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2016
I've had the big girl around 5 months now I believe after rescuing her from terrible conditions. She's bulking and added alittle more length. Which had surprised me. Not suprised the amount of food she goes though mind you.

The other one has grown really well, starting to bulk.

IMG_7026.JPG IMG_7030.JPG IMG_7031.JPG IMG_7032.JPG IMG_6942.JPG

thebiggerthebetter

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Wonderful and unique fish. The biggest I know of on MFK.

Never mind my request if you don't will it... I don't expect you to change your practice whatsoever but it'd be awful nice if each of your remarkable fishes had its own thread so we get a better sense of how things develop over long period of time or better yet over their whole life.

I am too lazy to comb through your threads to track the progress / life of a given fish. It'd be valuable but too much work unless hard pressed.

You would too make it 100x times easier for anyone doing homework on a type of fish you own.

Moreover, you wouldn't have to repeat yourself in certain things - when you got it, how big it was, what condition it was in, etc.

Again, if you disagree or think I am stepping over the line, please, accept my apologies and pretend this post never happened. I value our good disposition and peace over anything else.

Rpul

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2016
Wonderful and unique fish. The biggest I know of on MFK.

Never mind my request if you don't will it... I don't expect you to change your practice whatsoever but it'd be awful nice if each of your remarkable fishes had its own thread so we get a better sense of how things develop over long period of time or better yet over their whole life.

I am too lazy to comb through your threads to track the progress / life of a given fish. It'd be valuable but too much work unless hard pressed.

You would too make it 100x times easier for anyone doing homework on a type of fish you own.

Moreover, you wouldn't have to repeat yourself in certain things - when you got it, how big it was, what condition it was in, etc.

Again, if you disagree or think I am stepping over the line, please, accept my apologies and pretend this post never happened. I value our good disposition and peace over anything else.
You could be on to something there viktor. I think I'll do so in the future.

thebiggerthebetter

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
The learius has been growing aswell viktor. Here she is next to the largest Niger!

View attachment 1320051
That the pictus, which was 34"-36" (?), grew some too, that's astounding! You have two or three largest fish in their kin category on the board for sure. It makes people like kendragon kendragon and me exceedingly happy.

Rpul

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2016
That the pictus, which was 34"-36" (?), grew some too, that's astounding! You have two or three largest fish in their kin category on the board for sure. It makes people like kendragon kendragon and me exceedingly happy.
Yes. I'm not sure on current sizes. The last time I measured the learius last year she was around the 34.5" mark from memory. She's getting much wider now as she matures, almost 5 years old now.

I've never quite looked at it that way. But you might be right. I don't know of any larger.
The biggest nigers I can think of where jack heathcotes, a friend that owns britans latest private aquarium. They was 48 and 52" but have passed now.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store