Nightcrawlers

TipStylez

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2007
Seattle
StingrayFanatic;873419; said:
I have a cup which I put the nightcrawlers in after I rinse them using a forcep to grab 2 or 3 at a time. As I'm rinsing them under the faucet water they tend to release the poop/dirt. After rinsing the nightcrawlers, I drop them in the tank.
Yep, thats what i do.

Or if your lazy, if you look at the nightcrawlers. You can see their insides and a black line. Thats the poop, cut that portion off and toss the other portion in your tank.

I do this because my fish cant eat these HUGE nightcrawlers whole, also helps keep them from pooping all over the place.

And just throw the part with the poop back into the container. Use it next time when you go fishing. haha

anythingfish.com

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2006
Seattle
Man If I did that whan I fed my rays I would be feeding them all f'n day... I feed 250-500 nightcrawlers at a time & I guess I made the descision a long time ago to fix my filtration to accomodate & clear out my tank. It was not expensive, just logic... I just pull them right out of the dirt in HUGE handfulls & drop em in.... Wahoooooooooooo watch the frenzy.....

TipStylez

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2007
Seattle
Yeah, i know what you mean. I take about 30mins to feed my fish. Because of all the diffrent foods i give them.

Try getting a plastic cup, drilling holes big enough, but small enough so the worms dont slip out. And just constantly fill it with running water. Thats how i used to rinse mines.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store