NJAS FALL 2015 MEGA SHOP HOP

RussWhite47

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2015
Here it is, spread the word, open to everyone but NJAS members get extra discounts!!
We will be carpooling and caravaning to some sponsor shops and a few non-sponsors, between 5 & 7 shops total.
NJAS will be sponsoring a "high-card" game at each shop with the winner getting $25 towards their purchases at that store!.

When:
November 7,2015 9:00 am - ???? (5:00 pm maybe but probably later)

Where:
Meet @ 125 State Street, Hackensack, NJ

What:
We will do a loop beginning and ending in Hackensack, where we can leave extra vehicles in a private off street lot.
We will visit Pet's Place 2 in Nanuet NY, Beitals in Pearl River NY, FishtownUSA in Ramsey NJ, Kazimir's in Hackensack NJ, Reef Encounter in Hackensack NJ, Fish Hut in Saddlebrook NJ, and Absolutely Fish in Clifton NJ.

Why:
Do you need a "good" excuse to go to fish stores?
This is for you.
Do you want to spend all day talking about fish with people whose eyes won't glaze over?
This is for you.
Do you want to visit stores you've heard about but never been to, or old favorites you haven't been to in ages, or maybe you just want to show the staff at your favorite store that you actually have human friends.
This is for you.
Do you want to support the few remaining independent aquarium fish stores in the hope that our hobby will be around and thriving years from now?

THIS IS FOR YOU!!!

If you are coming please register/reply on the Event page so I can get a headcount and make sure not to leave anyone behind. And a final reminder, bring an insulated container to keep your fish warm, just in case.

Here's the link to our Facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/761763997284294/

UnstoppableJayD

MFK NNJ
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2012
Northern NJ
So sad to see no shark aquarium on the list. I wouldn't mind popping in to a couple of those shops with your crew
Cool - me and shookONES shookONES should be going.

Reactions: MHcblues119

ukgoffer

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 3, 2012
Westport, CT
I'm up for joining (provided some monster Tautog don't start showing up - they've been on the small side this season so far!) Was a great trip last year. Looking forward to it. I have a large sailfin plec and two large mono sebae that need homes. Anyone interested?

Reactions: shookONES

shookONES

Casper... the not so friendly ghost
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2005
Totowa, NJ
Do you have the monos in brackish? ukgoffer ukgoffer

ukgoffer

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 3, 2012
Westport, CT
originally yes but I've been doing WCs without adding any salt - let me check the levels. They seem to be doing fine.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store