NJAS Spring auction

gapman01

Feeder Fish
Jan 10, 2013
N.J. US
NJAS is having a spring auction and flea market this coming April. There are great deals to be had and rare species to found for auction,we hope to see you there

Spring2013a.png

gapman01

Feeder Fish
Jan 10, 2013
N.J. US
The event is held indoors,on Saturday the flea market is open to all types of vendors but last year it was about 75 to 80 percent just fish related. Local pet stores, distributors, and club members sold everything from equipment to plants as well as some great deals on uncommon fish.
The auction starts at 12:00 on Sunday with viewing of the auction goods from 11 to 12. What is great about the auction is that there is plenty of common things such as java moss and fern but a lot of rare species of fish and plants. I've seen everything from large discus and cichlids to very small and very rare livebearers. The club has a large breeding program so you can find a lot of fish in pairs and groups of mixed sexes. Last year I found some female rainbows which can be hard to find

fwprawn

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2011
New England
Thanks for the info! I would be driving from Northern Mass, so I need to be sure that it is worth my while. Is the market mostly fish, or mostly dry goods? Thanks much!
Is there an entry fee?

gapman01

Feeder Fish
Jan 10, 2013
N.J. US
The flea market on Saturday has dry goods as well as plants and fish.The auction on Sunday is mostly fish and plants. I always find it to be worth going because out of hundreds of bags there is always bound to be a few things I am interested in. Because the auction goods are supplied by NJAS members the plant and fish selection is varied and there is more uncommon and rare species than I find in most local stores

joe jaskot

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2011
Clifton, NJ
Please let me know I would love to go !

Sent from my SCH-I405 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Here are a few aquarium societies in Florida (google them):
Gold Coast Aquarium Society of South Florida
Tampa Bay Aquarium Society
Central Florida Aquarium Society

karaig19

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2012
In the Ocean
Here are a few aquarium societies in Florida (google them):
Gold Coast Aquarium Society of South Florida
Tampa Bay Aquarium Society
Central Florida Aquarium Society
Thanks that's very helpfull ill be checking out the central florida one first.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store