No more fish/ the future

LBDave

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2018
Long Beach
MFK people I spent some time in another post discussing treatment of large fish, namely the Arapaima. One thing I like about MFK forums whether I agree or not with other members it get's you thinking.
It's one thing to mistreat fish or any animal. But one thing I firmly believe is that mistreating an ecosystem is far more important.
We know what the bankers can do to this world (depressions etc.). They can also eat up what forest is left.
It's always greed and money that seems to attack the earth.

https://news.mongabay.com/2019/02/a...to-firms-linked-to-deforestation-study-finds/

What do you think this world will be like in 2 generations?
  • Most large predictors extinct or threatened?
  • 3rd world forest nations practically deforested?
  • No more amphibians?
Thanks for making me think.
I hope MFK members around the world will also read this. I am getting towards retirement. Glad to see the world before all the wildlife is destroyed and only kept in pens and refuges. Sad to see what has happened.
Sad for future generations. Hope they can fix this. Sorry we gave them these problems.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
A while back Another member mentioned some new initiatives taking place to combat deforestation. Im pretty sure it was F FMA4ME

Interesting article i dont know that i could solely blame the big asian banks though. I think local governments are just as guilty.

LBDave

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2018
Long Beach
Not just asian banks. I think it's the world economy. Always greed looming in the background. I think that 3rd world nations are following the industrial revolution. More people need more area and more industry. Conservationists are doing what they can but I really wonder what this world will be like in 60 or 100 years. The kids now have quite a job in front of them.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

LBDave

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2018
Long Beach
"And I brought you into a plentiful land to enjoy its fruits and its good things. But when you came in, you defiled my land and made my heritage an abomination."

skjl47

Probation Member
Probation Member
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
"And I brought you into a plentiful land to enjoy its fruits and its good things. But when you came in, you defiled my land and made my heritage an abomination."
Hello; Two points I wish to make. One is about this quote. I personally do not have any problems with it, but if it is from a religious text you are venturing into restricted topic territory. I am not a Mod so no worries from me, but if you want the thread to last????

The other is you reference greed a couple of times and money. You lay blame on these two things. I will give one example of an environmental problem not very much in that category. The slash and burn of the amazon jungle by very poor native people. A man with a family needs to feed his family so he cuts down and burns a few acres of jungle. He grows plenty of crops for a few years. Soon the land is used up so ha cuts and burns a few more acres and so on and so on.
The problem is the nature of the jungle ecology. Being a warm humid climate all year the jungle very quickly decays dead organic matter and cycles it back into living tissues. The soil does not build up much and is not very deep nor robust. Soil is quickly depleted once the overgrowth is cut way.

It is not my thread but if I were to pick a big problem for animal and plant habitats it would be the large human population with habitat destruction as a theme. Some due to greed and money for sure but also just sheer numbers.

Reactions: celebrist

LBDave

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2018
Long Beach
Hello; Two points I wish to make. One is about this quote. I personally do not have any problems with it, but if it is from a religious text you are venturing into restricted topic territory. I am not a Mod so no worries from me, but if you want the thread to last????

The other is you reference greed a couple of times and money. You lay blame on these two things. I will give one example of an environmental problem not very much in that category. The slash and burn of the amazon jungle by very poor native people. A man with a family needs to feed his family so he cuts down and burns a few acres of jungle. He grows plenty of crops for a few years. Soon the land is used up so ha cuts and burns a few more acres and so on and so on.
The problem is the nature of the jungle ecology. Being a warm humid climate all year the jungle very quickly decays dead organic matter and cycles it back into living tissues. The soil does not build up much and is not very deep nor robust. Soil is quickly depleted once the overgrowth is cut way.

It is not my thread but if I were to pick a big problem for animal and plant habitats it would be the large human population with habitat destruction as a theme. Some due to greed and money for sure but also just sheer numbers.
Thanks for weighing in. I will watch the quotes.

FMA4ME

Probation Member
Probation Member
Aug 6, 2013
CA
A while back Another member mentioned some new initiatives taking place to combat deforestation. Im pretty sure it was F FMA4ME

Interesting article i dont know that i could solely blame the big asian banks though. I think local governments are just as guilty.
Wasn't me. I don't know who it was.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store