Noobie needing some advice

gRRRR

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 2, 2006
Australia
Yer i was planning to remove all the other fish from the tank when the oscars etc get larger. Friend wants em lol.

Well atm my room isnt large enough to have a larger tank. But when i move house i'm getting a 6ft tank so i'm guessing that should be ok?

About the type of Pleco, I think their Sailfin Pleco's and yer thats all i was told by the fish dude lol ><~

Ang

I should be a Hookworm
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2005
San Diego
I have a tip for you, buy a snakehead. It'll clean up your tank in just a couple of days, and you'll be left with a much better, more exciting aquarium :D
now thats good advice :D :grinyes:

gRRRR

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 2, 2006
Australia
HAHHAA ><~~~

Bala sharks?

Oh u mean the silver sharks ><~~

How large can they get? Can they stay in the tank??

Ang

I should be a Hookworm
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2005
San Diego
Yer i was planning to remove all the other fish from the tank when the oscars etc get larger. Friend wants em lol.

Well atm my room isnt large enough to have a larger tank. But when i move house i'm getting a 6ft tank so i'm guessing that should be ok?

About the type of Pleco, I think their Sailfin Pleco's and yer thats all i was told by the fish dude lol ><~
a 4' tank isnt even big enough for 4 Oscars all by themselves with no other fish (once they grow out)

I have a 6' tank, its not filled as much as it could be, but with just 1 Oscar, 1 JD, 1 Loisellei and 1 Synodontus cat, its not empty either. My 6' tank is 125 gallons.

Just so you know, a Red devil/Texas hybrid will be very aggressive as an adult and Green Terrors can also live up to their name.

I dont know how many gallons your tank is, but i'm guessing its less than 125.

You could have a nice tank with 1 or 2 Oscars, the convict, the upsidedown cat and maybe the Clown loaches. :thumbsup:

Ang

I should be a Hookworm
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2005
San Diego
HAHHAA ><~~~

Bala sharks?

Oh u mean the silver sharks ><~~

How large can they get? Can they stay in the tank??

Bala Sharks get about 14". Maybe more. It could stay in the tank depending on how many other fish you decide to keep.

What fish you can have depend on
How big the tank is
What the dimensions of the tank are (larger footprints can house different fish)
What fish are already in there.
- there are certain species that are not compatable with each other and to mix them will cause problems.

evercl92

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, OH
www.2slowracing.com
I'm in total agreement with Die Fledermaus. I can only hope that you inherited all these fish, rather than some pet store telling you it was OK to put them all together in such cramped conditions.

gRRRR

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 2, 2006
Australia
omg D:~~~

Dam so ur suggesting to hit the 8ft tank size??

Hmmzzz well i guess i'll let em grow out of this tank b4 i move em over.

14" :eek: :eek: :eek:

OMG I didnt realize the could grow that big hahahaha

Thnx for all the advice ^^

gRRRR

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 2, 2006
Australia
When i bouight the tank all the guramis were in there and none of my friends could take them off me lol ><~~~

I personally wanted to have oscars.

Atm i stil have no place to put the other fish and so their stuck there for now ><~~

My fish are all stil young so theres time for me to remove them when i need to ^^

Ang

I should be a Hookworm
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2005
San Diego
:D

It doesnt stop there. Adult sizes of your fish list are big.

Oscars = 12-14"
GT's = 12"+
Red Devils/Texas = 12"
Bala Shark = 12-14"
Convicts = 8"
Plecos = anywhere from 4" to 24" depending on species
Clown Loaches = 12"+ (though it takes a while)

as you can see, thats a LOT of fish :grinyes:

You've got time.

Though with those Oscars, not much time. lol THey grow about 1" per month. Within 4-6 months they'll be 4-6" bigger.

Chad55

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 10, 2005
Michigan
There is time but not too much time. You will be surprised to see how fast they grow. My advice would be to pick your favorite fish from in there and we can go from there. Obviously you like the cichlids so you will probably be ably to keep only on fish along with you syno as it seems like you like that pretty well too.

Chad

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store