Northfin Arowana food

Tobiassorensen

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2017
Sweden
Ive used this pellets for my peacocks and they love it but with 7 large 40+cm cichlas i had to move over to a cheaper pellet som im using hikari floating koipellets for them now and they love that **** to. Haha.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Ive used this pellets for my peacocks and they love it but with 7 large 40+cm cichlas i had to move over to a cheaper pellet som im using hikari floating koipellets for them now and they love that **** to. Haha.
Yeah i could imagine how expensive that is, and annoying. I've been buying 2000 gram tubs of nls for the bichirs cant deal with monthly or weekly trips to constantly replenish the stuff. Thats said i'll be transitioning them to hikari cichlid gold most likely

I figure with the lone jardini offering a variety of pellets (floating) wouldnt be too much of a pain. He really likes omega one.

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
Wish I could get it here (without paying a fortune in international shipping fees + customs), ingredient list sure looks good compared to what I'm using:
Ingredients: Whole Antarctic Krill Meal (Euphausia Superba), High DHA Omega-3 Herring Meal, Whole Sardine Meal, Wheat Flour, Organic Kelp (Laminariales), Spirulina, Garlic (Allium Sativum), Astaxanthin, Montmorillonite Clay, Vitamin A Acetate, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate, Cholecalciferol, Alpha-tocopherol Acetate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Thiamine, Calcium Pantothenate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Biotin, Choline Chloride, Cobalt Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Selenium, Zinc, Rosemary Extract (Rosmarinus Officinalis).

Guaranteed Analysis:
  • Crude Protein (Min) : 44%
  • Crude Fat (Min): 5%
  • Crude Fiber (Max): 5%
  • Moisture (Max): 9%
  • Ash (Max): 9%

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I havent used that but I have a bag of this that I am trying to get through.....
20190415_110651.jpg
My dats and silver dollars love it but my cichla haven't taken to it.

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
Anyone use it ?
A buddy in town tried to get his adult 24+" Asian aro to eat it (it's been pellet trained for several yrs) and it won't eat the stuff. He gave me some to try on my adult midas, and that damn fish eats almost everything and anything, including other Northfin pellets, and he also would not eat it.

Reactions: islandguy11

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
I havent used that but I have a bag of this that I am trying to get through.....
View attachment 1369097
My dats and silver dollars love it but my cichla haven't taken to it.
My polys didnt have any issues taking the carnivore formula. At least nothing major that i can remember. Cichlids liked the veggie pellets from northfin.

The problem with this little butt hole jardini is instead of just spitting pellets out that he doesnt like he chews them up and makes a huge mess
Wish I could get it here (without paying a fortune in international shipping fees + customs), ingredient list sure looks good compared to what I'm using:
Ingredients: Whole Antarctic Krill Meal (Euphausia Superba), High DHA Omega-3 Herring Meal, Whole Sardine Meal, Wheat Flour, Organic Kelp (Laminariales), Spirulina, Garlic (Allium Sativum), Astaxanthin, Montmorillonite Clay, Vitamin A Acetate, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate, Cholecalciferol, Alpha-tocopherol Acetate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Thiamine, Calcium Pantothenate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Biotin, Choline Chloride, Cobalt Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Selenium, Zinc, Rosemary Extract (Rosmarinus Officinalis).

Guaranteed Analysis:
  • Crude Protein (Min) : 44%
  • Crude Fat (Min): 5%
  • Crude Fiber (Max): 5%
  • Moisture (Max): 9%
  • Ash (Max): 9%
Ive always had a staple pellet that i fed. With this guy i want to go a different route and do the opposite for various reasons. I dont want him getting to used to any one brand.

stratos

Dovii
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
I've been able to get smaller aros onto it, pretty much as easily as Hikari Aro-sticks. It is always hard to get older aros to switch pellets in my experience.

Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store