not another fish

fishyz

Gambusia
MFK Member
Did you start out with arowanas and red tail cats?

If you don't want to help, then don't. Why bash on someone who decided to keep different fish than you? Yes, this site is based around preds, but there are TONS of people here who keep "feeders", myself included. Jump off of your high horse and lose the attitude. I think its sickening.
I keep non-preds to.

bethie_dawn

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 30, 2006
AR
I do n ot think this site is just for big fish or preds. They have a section for snails and shrimp. Maybe its just me but they are not preds. Alot of people keep guppies and other so called feeders but I did not think people used fancy guppies as feeders. They are aweful expensive for feeders. Mine were over 3 dollars a piece and they are not that big.

Lil_Stinker

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 30, 2006
State of Emergency
Bethie;

Keep up the good work & don't let the trash talk get you down, apparently someone didn't take the time to review your previous posts & how you are getting into this hobby. We all start at our own pace & all the fish we keep are "feeders" in the real world.

You keep those Mini Monsters going, and when you have the means & desire to go to a bigger tank, with BIG MONSTERS, we will still be here for you.

messiner, you need to chill a bit, please. (see how nice I did that?)

messiner

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2005
americas wang
hey hey hey, i am 15 and acting my age. i keep small fish too but when one croaks i dont morn over it. i dont think people should cry over a dead guppy, thats all. ive killed some killer fish but hey, i didnt freak out, i went to the freakin store and bought 2 more. I knew i could get a rise out of bethie, and i did. im a bored ass kid and god knows kids like to cause trouble. i apologise for making people "sick" over my half joking post but hey i dont want to know of your dead guppy. i didnt read your previous posts and wish i did, maybe i would have had some sympathy for you. and dont tell me people my age should not be allowed on this site. i consiter myself very knowlegeabe in the realm of fishkeeping. i was in my lfs one day and was helping identify some new fish they recieved and they offered me a job. i didnt ask for one. at all. so im sorry i dont like guppies and the morning over them. amen

BDawg364

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 6, 2006
Milledgeville/Alpharetta
No offense, but if you wanted to show us how mature you are (which you obviously tried to do with your fish ID example), you might want to CONSIDER some sort of capitalization and maybe some sort of spell check. Last time I checked, the word was knowledgeable. I'm not trying to flame you or whatever, my brother is 15 too, I just think if you want a rise out of people, go bother your parents. If you want to help people and get help while having fun, then stay here and continue to post on MFK.

dacox

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2005
Illinois
hey hey hey, i am 15 and acting my age. i keep small fish too but when one croaks i dont morn over it. i dont think people should cry over a dead guppy, thats all. ive killed some killer fish but hey, i didnt freak out, i went to the freakin store and bought 2 more. I knew i could get a rise out of bethie, and i did. im a bored ass kid and god knows kids like to cause trouble. i apologise for making people "sick" over my half joking post but hey i dont want to know of your dead guppy. i didnt read your previous posts and wish i did, maybe i would have had some sympathy for you. and dont tell me people my age should not be allowed on this site. i consiter myself very knowlegeabe in the realm of fishkeeping. i was in my lfs one day and was helping identify some new fish they recieved and they offered me a job. i didnt ask for one. at all. so im sorry i dont like guppies and the morning over them. amen
As much as you don't care about the dead guppy, I don't care about how sweet you think you are at your lfs. If you are bored to the point that you need to come on the internet and try to irritate people, then I suggest that you need to make some real friends.

Bethie, I'm sorry to hear about your fish. Sh*t happens sometimes, but it'll get better.

Euge

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2005
Hong Kong
Bethie:

I have a bunch of mollies in a tank i set up for my mum and they had a whole bunch of fry. After about a week there was one TINY one left.. It was soo cute and now its gone. Don't wory about losing the fry, its nothing you did. They're so small and cute its super easy to lose them.

Ash

I dum care =]
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 27, 2005
Tampa
sorry about your loss. I used to keep betta fish before mosnter fish and before that I used to keep goldfish. Then I moved to mini monster, now I am at growing monsteres and have a few monsters. =) I lost my favorite 2 fish this past week, a very beautiful albino peacock cichlid and my beloved 12inch lima shovelnose. Its ok it happens, I was really sad about it but I get over it. I am sure you be okay also!

bethie_dawn

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 30, 2006
AR
Thanks everyone for the understanding. I just hope one of my females that I think is with babys will have some soon. I am not sure she is or not but she is getting fatter and there is a tiny dark spot in the back. We will see.
I was so proud of myself for not killing it because it lived for 2 weeks and everyone including the workers at the store told me that I would not be able to keep it alive. I just wanted to prove to myself that I could do it.
As for me getting preds I am not sure that I will get big monstor fish because as far as I can tell their not that colorful.
I am thinking about getting some small colorful cichlids though when I get a bigger tank. Someday when I can I may get some saltwater fish but I will wait till I can get tap water without having to go across the street.

Messiner- this is a place to talk about fish not to try and get a rise out of people and I have read some of your past replys to post and you tend to do this alot. If you want to bash on people you may need to do it else were, like maybe chat rooms or your family. Because when I signed up they made you agree not to do the things you are doing. And honestly I did not say that you should not be on here because of your age, just that I thought there maybe an age limit, like most other forums I have been on.

messiner

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2005
americas wang
Thanks everyone for the understanding. I just hope one of my females that I think is with babys will have some soon. I am not sure she is or not but she is getting fatter and there is a tiny dark spot in the back. We will see.
I was so proud of myself for not killing it because it lived for 2 weeks and everyone including the workers at the store told me that I would not be able to keep it alive. I just wanted to prove to myself that I could do it.
As for me getting preds I am not sure that I will get big monstor fish because as far as I can tell their not that colorful.
I am thinking about getting some small colorful cichlids though when I get a bigger tank. Someday when I can I may get some saltwater fish but I will wait till I can get tap water without having to go across the street.

Messiner- this is a place to talk about fish not to try and get a rise out of people and I have read some of your past replys to post and you tend to do this alot. If you want to bash on people you may need to do it else were, like maybe chat rooms or your family. Because when I signed up they made you agree not to do the things you are doing. And honestly I did not say that you should not be on here because of your age, just that I thought there maybe an age limit, like most other forums I have been on.
WOW, sorry guys and gals. no more half buzzed posting for me. half the crap i said makes no sence at all now that i read it. ill try and lay off the useless comments.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store