Not good

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Cats are tough fish. It actually happened twice. Poor jags healed up both times.
I know for a fact it was the wolf the 1st time. Not so easy for me to name the culprit the second time. I did think it was a polypterus but there was also a 12 to 13 inch vulture cat in the tank. Since i rehomed the vulture alls good. So who knows

GL. Extra water changes will work wonders for your cat. If possible separate and reduce feedings. Keep the water pristine

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
I'm just reluctant to think it was the poly because I've seen him have trouble biting a piece of tilapia filet never mind cause damage like that... it's either the 16 inch FATF.. the massive RTGG or the poly.. but this isnt the first mystery in this tank.
+1 polys do not have as strong of a bite as we might assume.

My guys have issues biting through large junks of tilapia.

Other cats and wolves have much stronger bite force imo

Reactions: thebiggerthebetter

Fishman Dave

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2015
West Yorkshire
If I have my acronyms correct I cannot see it being a tigerfish or gourami bite as ime the sperata would not swim high enough to receive a bite like that from those. I hope he recovers well.

blackwolf911

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 24, 2014
new york
If I have my acronyms correct I cannot see it being a tigerfish or gourami bite as ime the sperata would not swim high enough to receive a bite like that from those. I hope he recovers well.
I'm really not sure which fish did it but both the RTGG and tigerfish go pretty low at times. They are both all over the tank but the catfish does seem to stay strictly on the bottom. None of these fish have caused damage like this before. I had to put 2 discuss in my main tank and one of them got the bottom portion/ stomach torn right out..I haven't had too many issues with fish hurting other fish really

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store