• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ettfettbranamn

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
sweden
my eyes tell me 4 is by far the best looking tank but considering the stock of tank 1 I went with it.. I'm sure some of the plant-guys will have awestunningsome tanks with tetras and stuff that looks more or less exactly like their natural habitat.. ..but then again, where is the monster in that?

Will Hayward

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 5, 2008
Canada
www.alternativeaquariums.com
Wow.

Some great entires in the second edition of this contest. I really think that there are more than a half dozen tanks in this group that really stand out- and although only a few of those are receiving the required number of votes to stand out above the rest, they are also worthy of much praise.

Sometimes it can come down to if the tank owner has prepared the tank for a photo by removing any obviolus equipment, or did enough to hide it in the first place. Is it a snapshot of the tank, or was thought put into taking the photo to maximise the tanks positive attributes.

1. The livestock have so much presence in this tank it takes away from the decore, which is nice, but feels ridgid and awkward. Doesn't quite flow. But the fish in this tank are enough to draw attention.

2. obviously a very large tank. Not a whole lot you can do with large oscars who redecorate tanks as they wish and clumsey giant pacus, but a nicer hardscape would go a long way, and help to hide the equipment.

4. One of my favourites, easily. While I don't mind the plastic plants when they are used with good taste like this, but the pots add a human element to an otherwise natural tank. Simply removing them for the photo would have boosted your votes maybe. Also, the stem plants you have in there need larger grouping than 3 stems together. Live plants will fill in an area pretty well rather than grow in segregated patches. Awesome tank though. I think I see some Geos, a dat, and a massive devil?

5. Really nice. I like the light and shadows. I wish I could see a tighet view with more detail.

6. Photos a bit blurred. Try stacking the flat rocks in a |\/\/\/\/| instead of a straight line centered in the tank. Then place the plants in the crevices.

8. Meow.

9. I like seeing the surface vegitation, but all those nice anubias are tied to the floor? would look great with some dynamic wood work.

12. A simple background, or solid colour would make this tank pop! I really like the simplicity, but the single high rock stacked on the other two, placed in dead center leaves the rest of the tank lacking. Like the other peices on the two sides are afterthoughts. (Fronts rule!) Loose the magfloat and don't forget to turn off any other lighting in the room.

14. Stunning tank. Low light level, dark wood contrasts well with the bright green and Texas holey rock. A couple more large peices would look nice too imo. What is the livestock? great filtration.

15. Very clean bright tank. I like the way the vals mimic the form of the wood. This will look fantastic if the plants grow in dense.

17. Another favourite. I like it a lot. Another peice or two of large branching driftood would top it off. The rock scape looks great especially to the right side. could open up the forground by moving back the rock that is slightly to the left of center.

Just some friendly comments. Don't take them with more than a grain of aquarium salt. I really like seeing full tank shots and being able to see everything at once.

I didn't comment about some for one reason or another. They are still nice tanks, and all look to be good habitats for their residents. I could watch the fish in 10 for a long time I'm sure. And it's obvious that the cat in 8 does that.

Ash

I dum care =]
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 27, 2005
Tampa
GET TO VOTING !!!!!!! =]

Hope to see some more awesome entrys for December =] That will also start on the 15th of Dec.!!! ENTER!!!!!

Big Daves Rays

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2006
Seattle WA
I went with 1, the colors of the fish make the tank stand out and catch your eye. Sorry number 4, too much green. I'm from the NW, everything is green here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store