NTT datnoid feeding

Finster90

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 25, 2022
Why is this fish dam frustrating to feed!? It is the most timid fish I've ever seen!! He's been in the tank for about 2 weeks and is terrified too come out and even think about food. I've tried pellets/blood worms/goby feeders/brine shrimp/mysis shrimp.. and absolutely zero luck.. I don't like letting food just sit in the tank over night. Anyone have any advice too try and feed this dude

Midwater

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2021
Thailand
Is he really terrified, or is he merely hiding in ambush mode, waiting for something to swim close by? And do you feed him day or night? My NTT only feed in the dark.

Try some live ghost shrimp. You can leave them in the tank. No mater how small, I have never known a dat. however small, not to attack ghost shrimp.

steeveooo1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2023
My two NTT will only eat market bought shrimp. Might want to try that, if it doesn't eat you can at least use the left over shrimp to make dinner haha. Best of luck !

Finster90

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 25, 2022
My two NTT will only eat market bought shrimp. Might want to try that, if it doesn't eat you can at least use the left over shrimp to make dinner haha. Best of luck !
I think I broke him 😂he's now I assume comfortable where he greats me at the tank and can't stop eating bloodworms lol I guess he was new tank shy

steeveooo1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2023
Haha nice ! My first NTT (and the most stable) was only fed bloodworms at first and would devour every single time competing with a school of clown loaches and a green phantom pleco. Now that guy is so spoiled and only eats raw shrimp when i put in bloodworms for the pleco he looks at me like im crazy... the audacity of these damn fish am i right :duh:

Do you have any pics of your dat ?

Finster90

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 25, 2022
Haha nice ! My first NTT (and the most stable) was only fed bloodworms at first and would devour every single time competing with a school of clown loaches and a green phantom pleco. Now that guy is so spoiled and only eats raw shrimp when i put in bloodworms for the pleco he looks at me like im crazy... the audacity of these damn fish am i right :duh:

Do you have any pics of your dat ?
I do ill get a picture up.. and yess he had shrimp the other day mkw refused blood worms lmao

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
here some of my baby NTT on carnivore pellets

View attachment 1536723
Awesome,I love thinbars and have had a few over the years but I have never been able to train them to eat pellets....one of the reasons I don't have one currently.

Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store