Number of Clown Loaches in a 75 Gallon

sampster5000

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2010
San Antonio, TX
Sab_Fan;4668578; said:
wouldn't worry about it ... loaches can handle themselves quite nicely ... I had clowns with convicts, never an issue

I currently keep yo-yo loaches with convicts, and again, no worries ...
Thanks! That makes me feel better. There are so many factors in a tank to make something happen. If there is aggression from convict to clown loach there was probably a cause of stress from something like high nitrates, starving, etc. We'll see how it goes!

XRS

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2010
Toronto, ON
for a 75g assuming your planning to have otherfish... I would do atleast 20 loaches if you love them that much as I do. even with 20 loaches ranging from 3 to 4" that would be a joke to a 75g. Its really a very broad question though.... cause if your able to provide more filtration than needed and your willing to do more frequent wc than you can put a LOT more loaches in a 75g but if you dont have taht much time to do maintenance than you shouldn't keep too many. The thing with Clown loaches is that the more you have the more crazier they get =D and its soo much fun watching a HUGE army of loaches having a party everyday!

So if I had a 75g with no other fish.... I would probably do around 50 loaches ranging from 2" to 4"+ with an a lot of filteration and daily WC with Aged water (atleast 24hours w/ Prime).

Scuba_Kid

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 3, 2010
California
50 loaches? thats a ton! Do you have any experience with that?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store