Nut Punishment

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
I did a minor restoration on a bicycle that a friend had let sit around for eight years without being used.

It’s not one of the worlds great bicycles and frankly I doubt if he’ll be able to sell it for much more than what he paid me to fix the thing.

Now he’s an old friend, He’s my fishing and shooting buddy, and he’s loaded hundreds of rounds free for me over the years.

I would fix his bicycle for free anytime.

But he said something that rubbed me the wrong way. I mean here’s this crusty bicycle that he wouldn’t bother to even wash.

Anyhow I sent him a picture of the coaster hub disassembled and I said, “Buddy, look, if you can build an AR then you can fix one of these. It is no more difficult.”

He sent me back a message that says, “I don’t do bicycles.“ Like some snooty French maid!

So as a punishment, I took the chrome acorn nuts off his bicycle and put them on my bicycle.

I put plain black nuts on his bicycle (Which he has not looked at for eight years. All his hardware was just black with oil and dirt before I polished it.)

When I returned the bicycle (stripped, polished, greased, reassembled, new tires) I told him, “ You wanted me to repair your bicycle but you didn’t even bother to wash 8 years of dirt off the thing for me.”

“So I stole something off your bicycle.”

He looked and guessed and he couldn’t figure it out. He begged me to tell him what it was but I refused. I told him, “Hey, keep looking, and if you can’t tell what’s missing it will have to remain a mystery.”

He will never figure out what it is either.

• Wow
Reactions: fishguy1978

esoxlucius

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Moral of the story...

Don't upset Ulu Ulu , or he'll have your nuts! Lol.

I'm with Kelly_Aquatics Kelly_Aquatics on this one, you had me flinching there for a minute, expecting you to have caught your pride and joys in the chain or something.

Wow, my eyes are watering just thinking of that one. Lol.

jjohnwm

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
Aaah, I see...so the guy...who has "loaded hundreds of rounds free for me over the years"...but didn't wash his bike before getting you to do some work on it...is being punished for this heinous transgression...and you have chosen the theft of his personal property as the punishment you deem suitable. Gotcha!

One question, though. I assume that you provided the brass for all those free reloads over the years? Yes?

Tell me: did you tumble-clean and polish all that brass, or just throw it in a bag, picked up dirty off the ground, and then pass it over for the free service? Hmmm? :) :devil:

Reactions: Ulu and The Morning

jjohnwm

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
Friends don't let friends shoot Glocks...

aussieman57

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2021
mm to shoot though is
My birthday is coming up,
I'll fix my own car.
Already have a glock, been looking at a dan wesson.
I've carried and shot Glocks for decades. One of my favorite 9mm's to shoot though is a CZ SP01 Shadow that I did a little trigger work on. It's a fun pistola.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store