OB Peacock

snyder810

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2008
Ohio
i know that these guys are hybrids, but i love their coloration and they are carried by my LFS unlike many of the other colorful malawis. i was just curious what are they best kept with? are they better off with mbuna or peacocks? thank you for any help.

ikevi

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2006
Oregon
Expect them to act as basically any jacobfreibergi. IE keep them with peacocks/haps. And they will tend to be on the slightly aggressive side for peacocks.

Sic_Maggot13

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2008
San Diego
ikevi;1857534; said:
Expect them to act as basically any jacobfreibergi. IE keep them with peacocks/haps. And they will tend to be on the slightly aggressive side for peacocks.
i would agree, but my ob is the nicest of all my peacocks for some reason haha. watch out you will get the cichlid addiction :p

TheFanatic

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2008
St. Louis
www.grillinfool.com
Sic_Maggot13;1857894; said:
i would agree, but my ob is the nicest of all my peacocks for some reason haha. watch out you will get the cichlid addiction :p

Same here. He's in my avatar. The guy is just stellar. Hybrid or not the guy looks fantastic...My Strawberry, another hybrid is right there as well, but the OB is amazing.

Sic_Maggot13

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2008
San Diego
TheFanatic;1859028; said:
Same here. He's in my avatar. The guy is just stellar. Hybrid or not the guy looks fantastic...My Strawberry, another hybrid is right there as well, but the OB is amazing.
pics please :D i have an ob that isn't that stunning but i still like him :D

snyder810

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2008
Ohio
fanatic your Ob is awesome, i have 2 currently and they hold their own/dominate at times. i hope my little guy develops the blue like yours

snyder810

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2008
Ohio
this is my big guy, the little one still has some growin 2 do 2 catch up but is starting to show nice color, no good pics of him though

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store