odd dat behavior

downset21

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2005
Quincy, MA
my biggest datnoid is pacing back and forth at the glass while looking up. he goes back and forth. it is definitely not healthy. when I saw this I did a water change yesterday. the water parameters are fine. any reason why he would be doing this?

i am having very bad luck lately

Vince

Most Wanted
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2005
Illegal
www.wofc.org
Dats are susceptible to poor water quality. After the water change, did it change the odd behavior? Fish could be reacting by instinct, noticing that it needed to escape the "water quality it is in"...it was also probably breathing hard while pacing back and forth. Was it eating? give it whatever it eats to fatten him up so the immune system can fight off unhealthy environments. keep us posted.

Chubb

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2006
Southern California
mine does that in my tank. my tank has an arowana who owns the top. so when i drop shrimp and it floats at the top, just looking for food.

downset21

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2005
Quincy, MA
his eye and another dat's eye is slightly cloudy and looks bulgy to me. I put a med in there to try to cure that and turned off the air bubbles that i had in there. I had read that too much aeration may cause this problem that the dat is having. the change occurred a couple days after i switched out 2 ac110's for a fluval fx5... maybe that was the problem.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store