Offical 2010 NFL Thread

ballinouttacntrol

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
Eugene, Or
i will side with you dolphin fans that the league messed up on this one. There was a ref in the pile looking to see who recovered the ball even while the line judge is calling for a TD. instead of relying on replays at that point, they should've asked him who recovered the ball. That's way too pivotal of a play to say well, it's X really happen but we can't tell who got the ball so we'll give the ball back to the original team. had it been called correctly in the first place, a fumble, it's either TD pittsburge or miami's ball at the 20. HUGE HUGE turning point in that game on a missed call. i'd rather they had said the replay was inconclusive and left it at the original calling then this bs call they ended up making

Davey_8313

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2007
With Wife & Kids in Stafford
Good game last night, just mad my Vikings lost. That catch by Shiancoe should've been a TD as called though. If it weren't for Favre, we'd probably be doing pretty good right now. I mean, his rating is a 68 w/ 7 TDs, 10 INTs, and 5 FUMs... Right now, I don't think that Jackson could do much worse.

ballinouttacntrol

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
Eugene, Or
Davey_8313;4577402; said:
Good game last night, just mad my Vikings lost. That catch by Shiancoe should've been a TD as called though. If it weren't for Favre, we'd probably be doing pretty good right now. I mean, his rating is a 68 w/ 7 TDs, 10 INTs, and 5 FUMs... Right now, I don't think that Jackson could do much worse.
no way shianco's catch should be a touch down, he clearly used the ground to secure the catch. chili should've challenged that TD that the guy was bobbling while he was laying on his back out of bound though. might have held them to a field goal there

Davey_8313

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2007
ballinouttacntrol;4577587; said:
no way shianco's catch should be a touch down, he clearly used the ground to secure the catch. chili should've challenged that TD that the guy was bobbling while he was laying on his back out of bound though. might have held them to a field goal there
The ball is allowed to touch the ground if you maintain possession through it hitting the ground which he did.

ballinouttacntrol

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
Eugene, Or
Davey_8313;4580197; said:
The ball is allowed to touch the ground if you maintain possession through it hitting the ground which he did.
you're not allowed to use the ground to help you catch the ball though. . Sure the ball can touch the ground, but your hands must be underneath it. his hands were on the side while he fell on top of the ball, essentially causing the ground to be a third hand.

that play isn't even a controversy as far as i'm concerned. the nfl didn't even come out and say yes it was correct or yes we screwed up

Davey_8313

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2007

ballinouttacntrol

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
Eugene, Or
Davey_8313;4580561; said:
Your hands don't have to be under the ball as long as you maintain possession. The NFL has already admitted that the call was blown... http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...to-two-touchdown-errors-in-sunday-night-game/

i guess you're right. That's stupid, doesn't mean it's not wrong but it clearly looked like to me he used the ground to help make the catch, obviously not intentionally. so using the ground is okay to make a catch as long as the ball doesn't move but if you catch a ball, fall on your butt, turnover and lose the ball as you touch the ground with the ball, it's a no go?

Davey_8313

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2007
ballinouttacntrol;4580570; said:
i guess you're right. That's stupid, doesn't mean it's not wrong but it clearly looked like to me he used the ground to help make the catch, obviously not intentionally. so using the ground is okay to make a catch as long as the ball doesn't move but if you catch a ball, fall on your butt, turnover and lose the ball as you touch the ground with the ball, it's a no go?
I guess, lol. They need to straighten up their rules. This NFL season has just been :screwy:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store