Official Cichla Intermedia Grow Out Thread!!

cigars

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 3, 2011
northern va
I bet they are stoked with the tank upgrade cigars cigars
Bass are looking good.
Yeah man they are happier it's really cool when you change the dynamics in a tank with bass, all the flaring and pushing that goes on it's absolutely harmless but it shoes who's in charge.

Reactions: Monsterknan

cigars

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 3, 2011
northern va
Lost 1 of my two intermedia this evening. Cloud eye. None of my other azuls or the second intermedia had any signs.
That sucks man

cigars

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 3, 2011
northern va
Lost 1 of my two intermedia this evening. Cloud eye. None of my other azuls or the second intermedia had any signs.
One more thought here did you check your water parameters, what type of filter do you have? just curious cloudy eye is mostly do to water quality issue

jimmie1974

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2008
New Jersey
I had a piece of bog wood in there. Really stained the water. I have a fine sand bottom. Do water changes twice a week. Media was a little old. By the time I noticed it, within 24 hrs it died

cigars

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 3, 2011
northern va
I took the wood out changed the media and did a 40% water change. Like I said the rest seem fine and are eatting bloodworms
good to hear make sure you don't get a mini cycle with the new media, unless you used already seeded media it should be good. Sounds like you got it under control :)

MorningStar

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2015
SoCal
Reading these and hearing you guys are losing your bass are scaring me. hahahaha

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store