Official Off Topic Discussion Thread #1

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
On the news here they said he was saying the education system was a mafia front. A bit strange but so is setting yourself on fire I guess.
Since that monk did it in Vietnam back in the 60s it has become a way to make a point but usually the people who would do such a thing have the craziest points to make.
It’s a ****ty thing for the emergency services to have to deal with I imagine. Probably quite traumatic for them
It certainly seems like this guy had a point of view to get across. But in order to get that point of view across he's actually done something where he will never know if his actions had the desired effect!!!

A total waste of a life.

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
Well, I guess his life is his to live...or to waste...

He's tried to push his views on other people...and in order to do so, he chose a method that makes most reasonable people think that he was totally insane. Not a good way to sway public opinion, at least not in the desired direction.

Kinda the same thing with people who deliberately starve themselves, even to death! Speaking for myself...if you want me to consider your argument and perhaps come to support it...acting like a lunatic is not going to make me feel inclined to do so.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store